Experience the diverse pleasures of Asia in 12 days with our fantastic Cambodia and Vietnam Twin Centre Break!
“Southeast Asia is a fulfilment of my fantasies of the way travel should be.”- Anthony Bourdain
Cambodia and Vietnam are breathtaking destinations of diverse delights. Travelers are gripped by the sights and sounds, bewitched by their geniality and divine cuisine, captivated by fast-moving cities like Ho Chi Minh, the Mecca in which Vietnam flourishes, and enlightened by the palaces, cathedrals and the thousands of stalagmites of Sung Sot cave. Such a concoction of history, French colonial influences, and tales of past upheaval ensures a majestic holiday.
During our fantastic 12 day trip across Cambodia and Vietnam, undergo an exhilarating renovation of the senses. Venture into the jungle’s vines and creepers towards Angkor Wat, the 12th century temple and shrine of Khmer art and architecture, a Cambodian mascot with its sculpted towers of lotus blossom and stately surroundings worshipped by Buddhists monks.
Wander through the ancient capital of Khmer, empire to the exuberant cities of Siem Reap, Ho Chi Minh and Hanoi, before cruising in Agatha Christie style across Halong Bay, passing some of the 3,000 limestone islands. Add spice by devouring the Vietnamese cuisine of B?n Thành Market infused with a vast spectrum of enticing and evocative flavours, making taste buds explode. “I changed my whole palate as a lot of the dishes I used to love became boring to me.” - Anthony Bourdain.
All tours, transfers and monument fees
- We take care of travel with Return International Flights from the UK
- You will be whisked away from Siem Reap Airport by Private Car to the Hotel
- Three-Night Stay in Siem Reap where you will explore the jewels of Cambodia
- Khmer Dinner included on the day of arrival in Siem Reap
- Behold the sight of the sun striking the Angkor Wat Temple with Excursion
- Private Transfer to Siem Reap ferry terminal
- Satisfy travel taste buds by tucking into a packed Lunch on Board
- Enjoy a fascinating ferry of Tonle Sap Lake from Siem Reap to Phnom Penh
- A Private Car will pick you up from Phnom Penh Ferry Terminal
- One-Night Stay in the country’s exotic capital, Phnom Penh
- Private Car Transfer to Phnom Penh Bus Station to catch the Mekong Express
- Enjoy the thrill of crossing the border of Cambodia to Vietnam by Luxury Bus
- Transportation by Private Car to your hotel in Ho Chi Minh City
- Two-Night Stay in the city of Ho Chi Minh with a Tour of fascinating sights
- You will venture to the brilliance of the Vietnam War’s Cu Chi Tunnels
- Private Transfer to the Ho Chi Minh City Airport where you will fly to Hanoi
- One-Night Stay in Hanoi with Transfer to Halong Pier by Coach
- Set out in style on the Luxury Flamingo Cruise for One-Night with Full-Board!
- A Cruise is the perfect place for a party with Free Bottle of Wine Per Room
- Cave visits
- Fishing, Evening on Deck Party, Fancy Cooking / Salad & Fruit on Board
- After a relaxing day at sea, you will be guided to Hanoi for a Three-Night Stay
- Enjoy fantastic atmosphere at the amazing Water Puppet Show
- A Guided Walk where you will behold 2,000 years of history and culture
- Rejuvenate from the streets of Hanoi with a Complimentary Massage at SF Spa
- Quick Transfer to Hanoi Airport
- Breakfast included with each hotel stay
- Additional flights
- Additional flights
- 3 nights at Destination Singapore Hotel, Singapore
- A scrumptious daily breakfast
- Private airport transfers
- Sentosa Island Tour
- One way cable car ride to Sentosa Island that offers stunning views of Singapore
- Entrance to Sentosa Island, Merlion Tower with a Gold Merlion Coin Souvenir and Tiger Sky Tower
- Enjoy the Wings of time show--a multi-sensory extravaganza show
- Unforgettable 4D Magix Experience
- Visit Madame Tussauds Museum and take pictures with celebrity wax figures
Absorb the incredible sights and sounds of the jewels of Asia
- Excursion to see Angkor Wat with the opportunity to see a flight of bats
- Enjoy a fascinating ferry of Tonle Sap Lake from Siem Reap to Phnom Penh
- Visit the awe-inspiring Wat Phnom temple, where many pray for fortune
- Discover the history within the brilliant complex of the Cu Chi Tunnels
- Set out in Agatha Christie style on the luxurious Flamingo Cruise
- Did someone mention a boat party? Enjoy a night of wining and dining
- Be blown away by the visual delights of the amazing Water Puppet Theatre
- Behold 2,000 years of Hanoian history with a Guided Walking Tour
- Unwind after trekking the streets of Hanoi with a Relaxing Massage at SF Spa
- A Fantastic Collection of Hotels reflecting the beauty of each city
Just steps from Angkor National Museum and within a short walk of Rolous Group, Silk D' Angkor Boutique Hotel offers 4-star Siem Reap city center hotel accommodations.
Hotel features 68 guest rooms, elegantly furnished with rich timber floors, vibrant silk color and stylishly decorated with Khmer traditional fixtures. All rooms have a flat-screen TV. Certain rooms have views of the pool or city.
Entrenched in the timeless healing traditions of the world's richest cultures, Silk D'Angkor Spa Hotel provides Khmer traditional massage. While staying at this wonderful property, guests can enjoy array of benefits such as WiFi in public areas, outdoor pool, barbecue and sun terrace. Bike rental is available at this hotel and the area is popular for biking. Guests can also go for a dip in the outdoor pool and enjoy the sun loungers. There is also a poolside bar and a bar/lounge so guests can sip a refreshing drink by the pool or indoors. If you want low-key dining options, you will be pleased to find barbecue grills and 24-hour room service.
The Frangipani Royal Palace Hotel is situated in the heart of Phnom Penh on the edge of the citys art district and couple of minutes walk from the bustling river front area and the historic Royal Palace. With a roof top pool and restaurant, own spa, and spacious, comfortable rooms, the hotel is the perfect base from which to explore Cambodia’s capital.
All the rooms in this hotel feature elegant design and offer highest levels of accommodation. The Royal Palace View Balcony Suites provide spacious suite accommodation featuring elegant contemporary Cambodia design. The suites have views over the Royal Palace compound and across Phnom Penh’s cityscape beyond.
Guests can make arrangements for a relaxing massage or rejuvenating spa or organise a day trip at the tour desk. Relax at the end of the day or in the cool of the early morning in the roof top pool. The Rooftop Restaurant and Bar serves Cambodian and international dishes, alongside a selection of wine and cocktails.
Frangipani Royal Palace friendly and helpful staff will do whatever they can to make your stay in Phnom Penh a pleasant one.
Operating in Ho Chi Minh City since 2015, the 4-star Millennium Boutique Hotel features historical architecture and modern comforts. The hotel offers perfect location 6 km from the center of Ho Chi Minh City.
A fantastic view over the river welcomes guests to connecting single room, family connecting room and signature single room. All of Millennium Boutique Hotel's 80 rooms are air-conditioned and have an array of amenities, including refrigerators, minibars, and coffee makers. Some rooms feature views over the Saigon River.
Satisfy your appetite at the hotel's restaurant, which serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
The comfortable Millennium Boutique Hotel with a rooftop pool, an outdoor swimming pool and a golf course is a nice place to stay in Ho Chi Minh City on holiday.
Located in the heart of Hanoi Old Quarter just a block away from the Hoan Kiem Lake, within walking distance of the central business district and major local attractions such as Ngoc Son Temple, Thang Long Water Puppet Theatre and Dong Xuan – Hanoi’s largest market, Bach Ma Temple Hanoi Opera House... makes shopping and exploring the city’s sights enjoyable and convenient. May de Ville Old Quarter Hotel is the second of the four star hotels being built by May de Ville Group.
Each of the 50 rooms is well appointed and includes all the basic amenities that guests need on their stay. Featuring modern interiors and wooden floorings, each room comes air-conditioned and is fitted with a flat-screen TV, wardrobe and ironing facilities.
In addition to providing every possible amenity in your room or suite, hotel also presents ample opportunities for leisure activities and recreation. Keep in shape with exercise in pool or gym, have a traditional Vietnamese massage, or just relax here in a range of facilities designed to promote your physical and mental well-being.
A day of pampering can include hot stone massages, Thai massages, and body scrubs along with reflexology and mani/pedis.
Le Réveil Restaurant serves delicious spread of authentic Vietnamese specialities, Asian delights as well as European favourites. Le Soleil Bar offers many choices of refreshing cocktails, accompanied by panoramic city views.
Founded in 2014, Minh Long Cruises company offers a pioneering new generation luxury of vessel with both uncompromising quality and safety standards: Halong Flamingo Cruise. Flamingo cruise 1 was launched in 2014, soon followed by Flamingo cruise 2 and Flamingo cruise 3 in end of 2014. Accommodate 38 cabins with fleet of 3 cruises, Flamingo Cruises Halong could carry and serve nearly 100 guests with the highest standards of hospitality worthy of world class.
Flamingo cruises are one of few cruises line in Halong Bay with fully equipment, the highest safety standards with sonar, radars. Each cabin is provided modern alarm devices linked to a central monitoring system, smoke sensor, fire extinguishers, hydrant and hoses, life jacket and clear emergency instructions.
Guests can join the Tai Chi sessions, cooking lessons, or enjoy some alone-time on the sun deck. Water activities include swimming and kayaking. Besides the outstanding in-door services, our Flamingo Cruise also offers an exotic, refreshing and harmony itinerary to explore endless beauties in Halong bay. The cruise brings you into the contacts with the local people at different floating villages where you will have ample opportunity to see Vietnam in its authenticity
5 kilometers away from the town centre, The Beach under Little Boutique Hotel & Spa perches on a commanding location in Cua Dai beach. Nowhere can you experience the coastal beauty and cultural traits of Hoi An as in this boutique hotel.
THE BEACH Little Boutique Hotel & Spa offers 106 stylish rooms and suites - all are tastefully designed as perfect fusion of traditional Vietnamese architecture and a touch of Heritage accent. Pictures, patterns, light and amenities are carefully arranged to ensure a cozy, yet upscale ambience for your holiday.
Hoianese dishes are a unique fusion of traditional Vietnamese cuisine, plus a taste of various cultural significance and Little Restaurant is the best place to experience this synthesis. From a la carte menus to breakfast buffets, all dishes are freshly cooked in the open kitchen and to be served amidst lush tropical gardens or cozy, Heritage-themed spaces. The bar offers a variety of exotic cocktails, coolers, together with savoury snacks, mimicking the pastimes of the half-forgotten heyday.
Drop by hotel's souvenir shops to witness the delicate craftsmanship and Cham embroidery, which has been passed down for generations.
Day 1 ARRIVAL SIEM REAP
You will be received with a warm welcome at Siem Reap International airport and transferred to the hotel.
The evening is free for you to relax at the hotel. In case you wish to explore the city, you can choose to visit Pub Street which is famous for its quality yet economical restaurants and bars. Enjoy Khmer dinner on the day of arrival.
OVERNIGHT IN SIEM REAP
Day 2 FULL DAY ANGKOR TOUR
After a sumptuous breakfast at the hotel, you’ll enjoy a full-day tour of the Angkor complex.
You must not miss the antique capital of Angkor Thom. With sites like the South Gate with its huge statues depicting the churning of the ocean of milk; the Bayon Temple, unique for its 54 towers decorated with over 200 smiling faces of Avolokitesvara; the Phimeanakas; the Royal Enclosure; the Elephants Terrace and the Terrace of the Leper King; Angkor Thom has so much to offer.
The most famous of all the temples on the plain of Angkor is Angkor Wats. The temple complex covers 81 hectares and is comparable in size to the Imperial Palace in Beijing. Its distinctive five towers are emblazoned on the Cambodian flag and the 12th century masterpiece is considered by art historians to be the prime example of classical Khmer art and architecture.
Other sites that deserve a mention are: Prasat Kravan, also known as ‘The Royal Baths’, the site was once used for ritual bathing; Banteay Kdei, surrounded by 4 concentric walls; Neak Pean, a fountain built in the middle of a pool; Preah Khan temple, built by the King Jayavarman VII.
OVERNIGHT IN SIEM REAP
Day 3 SIEM REAP - OPTIONAL BOAT TRIP
After eating breakfast at the hotel, your day will be at leisure or you may head out to enjoy an optional boat ride on the Tonle Sap Lake.
This beautiful fresh-water lake is the largest in South-east Asia and flows into Tonle Sap River, joining the Mekong in Phnom Penh. Built on the lake, is a wondrous ‘floating village’ with floating schools, floating police station, et al. The ‘village’ moves from place to place following water levels and current.
OVERNIGHT IN SIEM REAP
Day 4 SIEM REAP - PHNOM PENH
Express Boat Cruising on Tonlé Sap Lake
Sailing from Siem Reap, this journey will take you pass the treasures of one of the most fascinating and beautiful lakes in the world. Tonlé Sap (the Great Lake) is the flowing heart of Cambodia, bringing love and life to this beautiful nation. From the incredible variety of birds and fish to its remote shores, Tonlé Sap is the largest freshwater lake in Asia and surely the loveliest. No doubt, just as the Nile played a crucial part in the development of ancient Egyptian culture, the lake gave rise to the world’s largest pre-industrial civilisation – the Khmer Empire and its ancient capital of Angkor.
Our cruise comes to an end as we reach Phnom Penh boat station. But the spectacular scenery and the memories made on board will remain in our hearts.
Please note: the water level varies according to the time of the year and the amount of rainfall recorded. Thus, although it is our intention to operate the itinerary as detailed, we cannot be held for minor changes that might occur during different seasons.
Continue your journey in the Pearl of the Orient, Phnom Penh, visiting by yourself the dazzling white and gold complex of the Royal Palace and the Silver Pagoda.
OVERNIGHT IN PHNOM
Day 5 PHNOM PENH - HO CHI MINH CITY
After breakfast at the hotel, we depart to Ho Chi Minh City by morning bus (Mekong Express). Upon arrival at Ho Chi Minh City, you are transferred to the hotel.
If there’s time, you must stroll around the downtown part of the bustling Ho Chi Minh City to explore the different local ways of life. Ho Chi Minh City, still called Saigon by many locals, is a centre of commerce, finance, culture and tourism in Vietnam. As opposed to its northern counterpart, this metropolis is filled with automobiles, numerous shopping areas and sidewalk cafes.
OVERNIGHT IN HO CHI MINH CITY
Day 6 HO CHI MINH CITY SIGHTS & CU CHI TUNNELS EXCURSION
The plan is to devote half of today exploring the captivating Ho Chi Minh City.
We pass by the now-demolished wartime American Embassy on our way to the Reunification Palace. This famous edifice was a former residence of the President of Southern Vietnam until end of April 1975.
We also visit some striking French colonial structures including the Notre Dame Cathedral and the Old Saigon Post Office. Post this, we head to the Jade Emperor Pagoda and the War Remnant Museum. We conclude our sightseeing session with a walk around the retail Ben Thanh Market where anything and everything is for sale!
In the afternoon, we travel about 30 km North-West of Ho Chi Minh City to Cu Chi town. Cu Chi tunnels were used as the base from which the Vietnamese mounted their operations of the Tet Offensive in 1968. The incredible underground network in Cu Chi stretched over 200 kilometres and became legendary during the American war.
The extensive tunnels have been specially constructed with living areas, weapon factories, filed hospitals, command centres, plus accommodation. We visit an exposition hall and a widened section of the tunnels to get a feel of the underground life. There are also possibilities to fire off rounds from an AK47 or MK16 at the nearby rifle range
OVERNIGHT IN HO CHI MINH CITY
Day 7 SAIGON - HANOI OR EXTEND TO DANANG IF OPTIONAL HOI AN EXTENSION IS CHOSEN
Step back in time as you fly from the buzzing, modern city of Ho Chi Minh to Hanoi. Upon arrival at Noibai Hanoi Airport, you’ll be met by our tour guide & transferred to your hotel in Hanoi.
Afternoon / Evening at leisure to explore the evening sights on your own.
OVERNIGHT IN HANOI
Day 8 HANOI - HALONG PIER - FLAMINGO CRUISE
After an Early Breakfast at your hotel in Hanoi, you will get picked up for a road journey to Halong.
1215: We arrive at Halong tourist wharf. Halong Bay has been recognized by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site since 1994. The islands in Halong Bay are mainly limestone and schist islands. Karst, the result of repeated rising and lowering of the continent, underwent full erosion and weathering to create the unique Halong Bay in the world.
1230: We travel to Flamingo Cruise where you are welcomed by a fresh drink, cruise briefing & safety instructions before getting a check-in for the cabin.
1300: Vietnamese sea-food lunch will be served on board, while cruising towards Surprising Cave.
1530: Explore the mystery of Sung Sot cave - one of the most beautiful cave in Halong Bay.
1630: We arrive at Titiov Island. Here, you can enjoy swimming and sunbathing among the World’s Natural Wonders.
1800: Enjoy the complimentary sunset party on the sundeck with local wine and fresh fruits.
1900: Enjoy preparing/eating Vietnamese traditional cuisines under the chef’s guidance.
2000: Dinner is served in the restaurant.
2130: Retire to your cabin or join the fishing excursion, watch a movie, have a drink at the bar, access the Internet or play exciting games.
OVERNIGHT ON LUXURY FLAMINGO CRUISE
Day 9 FLAMINGO CRUISE - HALONG PIER
The day starts early and has a lot of adventures to offer. If you wish to view the Ha Long Bay’s sunrise, please wake up early at 6h30 & have some coffee on the sundeck.
After the relishing breakfast on board, enjoy the dramatic natural scenery through amazing islets as the cruise takes another route.
1130: Lunch is served on board
1230: We arrive at Halong Habour & get on the coach to head back to Hanoi.
1700: We arrive at Hanoi.
EVENING AT LEISURE AND OVERNIGHT IN HANOI
Day 10 HANOI
After breakfast at the hotel, you will enjoy a walking tour of the Ho Chi Minh complex, the Ho Chi Minh’s Mausoleum - the final resting place of Vietnamese great father; President Ho Chi Minh’s stilt house - where Ho lived on and off from 1958 to 1969.
The next place is One Pillar Pagoda, a group of structures consisting of a pagoda and a tower built in the middle of a square pond. From there, leave for the Temple of Literature, the first college of Vietnam. While heading back to Hoan Kiem Lake, have a brief stopover at Ngoc Son Temple. In the evening, experience the Water Puppet Show near the lake and later you can enjoy a relaxing 30 minutes spa session.
OVERNIGHT IN HANOI
Day 11 HANOI AT LEISURE
Have a leisurely breakfast at the hotel and you may choose to you can take a Cyclo tour around the Old Quarter Streets.
OVERNIGHT IN HANOI
Day 12 HANOI OR TAKE OUR OPTIONAL HOI AN TRIP
After breakfast at the hotel, you can devote the entire day to shopping and buying souvenirs for friends. As the hotel is located in central Hanoi, all the shopping areas are not too far. Then, according to your flight schedule, you shall be driven to the airport.
END OF TOUR
- Our endeavor will always be to confirm the hotels listed in the package chosen, however in rarest of cases where we are not able to confirm certain hotel(s), like for like alternatives will be provided.
- We recommend that you buy a travel Insurance as any costs incurred due to mishaps, strikes, political unrest etc. are not included and will be passenger’s responsibility.
- Accommodation will be on twin sharing Basis unless otherwise stated.
- The package is non-refundable for any inclusion items not used/taken.
- If owing to weather conditions boat trip between Siam Reap and Phnom Penh is not possible, our liability will be limited to giving you a Luxury Coach Service between the cities.
- In rarest of case where the Halong Bay Cruise is not doable owing to weather conditions or any other reason, our liability will be limited to make alternate accommodation arrangements and refunding the difference, if any.
- Ferry ride between Mid March to September may have to be changed into Luxury Coach ride due to low water levels and ferry rider availability.
- Flight from SGN-HAN/DAD must be booked after 16:00 hrs so that the passenger can have some time at leisure.
- Visa stamping fee on arrival
- Optional Tonle Sap Lake Boat Ride in Siem Reap, it can be added for £40 per person
- Optional Phnom Penh private guided city sightseeing can be added for £50 per person
- Travel Insurance in all kinds
- Any special event costs
- Tip, drinks and other personal expenses
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusions