These 5 days exploring the Spanish cities of Barcelona and Madrid are the perfect introduction to this magnificent country. With train ride, return flights and 4 star hotels thrown in, this is a trip you will never forget!
All things Spanish may be taking the world by storm, but it’s only in Madrid and Barcelona that you’ll most certainly find the laboratory of español wow factor! Thanks to our twin-centre, travelling to Spain has never been more enjoyable, with 4 star hotels, flights and train rides this journey will take you to two gems of Lord Byron's “renowned and romantic land.”
Barcelona is the Catalonia city that is in demand by everyone; from Pablo Picasso and Salvador Dali to Lionel Messi and Penelope Cruz. According to Lonely Planet, “This enchanting seaside city boasts boundless culture, fabled architecture and a world-class drinking and dining scene.”The formerly grimy industrial port has been transformed into one of the world’s most beautiful cities where gleaming spires, miles of beaches and UNSECO contemporary masterpieces blend with gothic palaces and plazas all conspire to make this one of our favourite city-break destinations.
From the second your train stops in Madrid, you’ll know you’ve arrived in a place where enjoying life comes first and everything else is secondary. As summed up by Lonely Planet “No city on earth is more alive than Madrid, a beguiling place whose sheer energy carries a simple message: this is one city which really knows how to live.” From astonishing art galleries, relentless nightlife and stylish trends to a buzzing food, drink and live-music scene, Spain’s central capital city has something to keep everyone happy, whether you are a born and bred madrileño or just stopping by.
4 Star Hotels on Bed & Breakfast throughout your stay and a scenic train ride
- We take care of flight from UK to Barcelona
- 2 nights stay at 4 star Hotel Barcelona Universal
- Enjoy a scenic train ride from Barcelona to Madrid
- 2 nights stay at 4 star Senator Gran Vía 70 Spa Hotel, Madrid
- A stay in Spain includes daily breakfast
- We take care of flight from Madrid to UK
- All pre-payable taxes
Two Capital Cities, one journey
- Visit Barcelona's blockbuster gem Sagrada Família by Guadi
- Marvel at Joan Miró’s ceramic mural as you exit the airport
- Get a glimpse of the sea from the winding snake of Park Güell
- Dine in Barcelona’s Old Town before wandering up the Ramblas
- Have an aperitif in Ambar for a 70's retro feel with edgy music
- Take a cable car from the Port up to Montjuic, the old fortress.
- Hike across the hilltop to the Olympic Stadium and the Fundacio
- Chug across the golden plains of Spain from Barcelona to Madrid
- Swig down a beer and “picar” on tapas with locals in Chamberí
- Get to know the real Madrid at Basílica de San Francisco el Grande
- For a bird’s-eye-view head to the Teleférico de la Casa de Campo
- Indulge in thick, rich and delicious chocolate con churros at San Gines
- Romantic souls should rent a boat on the lake at Buen Retiro Park
- Relive Madrid's history from Plaza Mayor to the Royal Palace
- Find the buzzing edgy crowd at La Latina in Plaza de la Cebada
- From Cibeles to Atocha visit the city’s galleries and museums
Hotel Barcelona Universal offers an unforgettable 4 star Barcelona hotel experience. The hotel is situated a 20-minute walk from the Magic Fountain and MNAC Art Museum.
The spacious, functional rooms at the Barcelona Universal Hotel feature wooden floors and air conditioning.
One of Hotel Barcelona Universal’s greatest attractions is found on the 10th floor: a pool surrounded by two spectacular terraces offering magnificent views of the Barcelona skyline, from the peaks of Montjuïc, the Port, and all of Avinguda Paral·lel to Plaza Espanya.
Next to the pool you can enjoy the solarium, where you can unwind and get a bit of color before heading to one of the famous Barcelona beaches close to our hotel. The fully equipped fitness room will help to prepare you for walking around the city and even a light hike through the gardens of Montjuïc.
Senator Gran Vía 70 Spa Hotel invites you to enjoy the perfect stay in the centre of Madrid. Located next to the famous Plaza de España, in one of the main commercial and leisure areas of the city. Right in front of the hotel door you will find various bus routes that you can use to get around the city comfortably.
With 168 fully-equipped rooms, Senator Gran Vía 70 Spa Hotel offers you the ideal space to relax and enjoy yourself in the centre of Madrid. Rooms at the hotel are soundproofed, spacious and offers facilities like television, telephone, safe, etc.
At Senator Gran Vía 70 Spa Hotel you can experience the benefits of water in the Aquabeach facilities or in our relaxation, therapeutic and aesthetic treatments, that will take you to a world filled with sensations.
- Our endeavor will always be to confirm the hotels listed in the package chosen, however in rarest of cases where we are not able to confirm certain hotel(s), like for like alternatives will be provided.
- We recommend that you buy a travel Insurance as any costs incurred due to mishaps, strikes, political unrest etc. are not included and will be passenger’s responsibility.
- Accommodation will be on twin sharing basis unless otherwise stated
- The package is non-refundable for any inclusion items not used/taken
- Anything not included in the package will be chargeable
- The itinerary can also be booked in reverse
- Mandatory supplement will be applicable for Xmas and New Year's period
- Please note city local taxes apply, this cannot be prepaid.