4-star hotel near the Guggenheim Museum with breakfast, Wi-Fi & flights!
Book your stylish city break today! Total from £189pp
Art-lovers rejoice in the city of wow-factor museums! Not only has architecture changed Bilbao’s destiny, with the creation of the Guggenheim’s titanium-clad blossom, it has inspired a surge in artistic gravity throughout Spain. Conveniently located near the "Googen", the four-star Hesperia Zubialde takes full advantage of its awe-inspiring setting – boasting panoramic views from its vast sun terrace.
Discover a rapidly expanding urban city, through the Hesperia Zubialde, which stands opposite San Mamés stadium, 100 yards from a tram stop. You may find that your stop seems rather "fishy", as the town has been marked by its Fosteritos, the metro stops designed to look like giant shrimp!
Bilbao may be a 21st-century metropolis but it certainly hasn’t thrown out the old. Immerse yourself in its prevalent Basque culture as you walk the Old Quarter, or switch it up with a trip to Indautxu, where Philippe Starck has converted a wine warehouse into a culture centre, the Azkuna Zentroa. It’s packed with performance venues, galleries, cinemas and a swimming pool with a transparent bottom. Once shabby, Plaza Indautxu now shines, car-free under trendy streetlights, and creatives are moving in.
Good to know: Hotel is situated on the river walk, within a 15-minute walk of San Mames Stadium and Bilbao Fine Arts Museum. Guggenheim Museum and Plaza Moyua are also within 1 mi (2 km).
Brilliant breakfast buffet including a varied selection of pastries
- We take care of Return Flights from the UK to Spain
- 3-Night Stay at the 4 Star Hesperia Zubialde Hotel, Bilbao
- A stay in Bilbao includes Bed & Breakfast board basis
Bilbao the Biscay city of Art, Culture, Nightlife and mouthwatering Tapas
- Stay near the famous Guggenheim with excellent hotel facilities
- Check out trendy Indautxu, just south of the city-centre
- 100 yards from a tram stop which will take you into the centre
- Take the Artxanda cable-car up the mountain for stunning views
- Relax in your spacious, cosy room with soundproofing
- Hop on the Metro – in half an hour – you can be on the beach
- Plan your next route around the city with the hotel’s free-Wi-Fi
- Lunch on “pintxos” (Basque tapas) along Calle Diputación
- Sip Basque wine on the roof terrace of the hotel with glorious views
- Enjoy the full cityscape from Azukuna Zentroa’s roof terrace
- Also see the centre’s 43’ Columns for lots of history
- Venture to scenic Plentzia, for fishing boats and a sandy bay
The Hesperia Zubialde hotel is opposite the new San Mamés football stadium and close to the River Nervión. You can easily walk to the Guggenhein Museum from here and the local metro is just steps away for trips into the Old Town.
Inside the 1920s building there are 82 rooms, all of which have been renovated in the past 3 years. They’re light and spacious with hardwood floors. The great thing about being so close to the water is that many of our rooms benefit from a river view. There’s a choice of either Standard or Superior rooms, both of which come with a 42-inch flat-screen TV, among other things.
Prepared fresh each morning, the hotel’s breakfast buffet ensures a balanced, healthy start to your day. The breakfast buffet includes a wide variety of fresh fruit juices, pastries, cold cuts, cheeses, fruit, yogurt, breads and much more. The hotel also has a new bar and cafeteria which faces the San Mamés athletic stadium. You can sit outside on the terrace with drinks and a bite to eat from our bar menu. Inside, there’s a large plasma TV for sports fans.