With mesmerizing architecture and idyllic landscapes, don’t be too surprised if you fall head over heels for Morocco. Spend 6 nights exploring Marrakech, Casablanca, Fes and Chefchaouen, complete with exciting sightseeing excursions and high-end hotel stays.
Experience Morocco in all its glory with this 6-night getaway split between Marrakech, Casablanca, Fes and Chefchaouen. Prepare for jam-packed tours of bustling Marrakech and historic Fes, combined with mini-breaks to dazzling Casablanca and “the Blue Pearl” of Chefchaouen. You might just decide to miss your flight home.
Located in North Africa and bordering Algeria, Morocco is an intricate tapestry of busy back-alley souks and impressive colonial architecture. Spell-binding mosques and powerfully-scented spice markets can be found in white-washed coastal towns whose edges are tickled by the spray of the ocean and also in the medieval city centres which sit against a backdrop of the Sahara’s rolling dunes.
To make sure your stay in this beautiful country is as memorable as it should be, we’re offering high-class accommodation and exhilarating sightseeing excursions to Marrakech and Fes. Starting in Marrakesh, a former imperial capital, you’ll find yourself catapulted into a land where beautiful clay-coloured architecture fills the streets and rich, historical heritage echoes around every corner.
Haggle enthusiastically in the lively souks, visit the Saadian Tombs, El Bahia Palace and the Koutoubia Mosque and breathe in the smell of mouth-watering local cuisine from the night-time food stalls in the Jamaa el-Fnaa. Later, try your hand at recreating some of these Moroccan delights during a cooking class at La Maison Arabe.
After staying in Marrakesh for two nights you’ll take a fleeting visit to the magical, star-studded city of Casablanca, a cinephile’s dream. A whirlwind one night’s stay will give you just enough time to explore this vibrant metropolis, home to the Hassan II mosque, the second largest of its kind in the world. As you meander through this urban jungle, lookout for impressive colonial architecture and other echoes of yesteryear.
You’ll then get to know Fes like the back of your hand with a full day sightseeing tour. As Morocco’s former capital, Fes is a city whose medieval streets and stylish city centre keep the colourful history which runs through its core alive.When face to face with the mighty walls, imposing gates and ancient University of Al-Karaouine, you might feel like you’ve stepped into a time capsule.
Lastly, venture to Chefchaouen, “the Blue Pearl” (named like so for its wonderful blue - coloured buildings). Acting as a starting point for visits to the High Atlas Mountains, this humble town is perfect if you’re looking for a heavy dose of R and R. A far cry from the hustle and bustle of Marrakech and Fes, a night’s stay in picturesque Chechaouen might be one of the highlights of your trip.
Prepare for high-end hotel stays and riveting tours of Morocco’s famous landmarks!
- We’ll take care of return flights from the UK
- A luxurious 2 nights accommodation in Marrakech in “Riad Marrakech by Hivernage”
- A further 1 nights accommodation in “Barcelo Hotel” in Casablanca
- A sophisticated 2 night’s stay in “Dar El Ghalia” in Fes
- A wonderful 1 night’s stay in “Dar Echaouen” in Chefchaouen
- A morning sightseeing tour of Marrakech
- Visit the Koutoubia Minaret and El-Bahia Palace
- Wander the lively Souks and stock up on spices
- Discover the Saadian Tombs and the square of Jamaa el-Fnaa
- Enjoy a cooking class at La MaisonArabe
- A full-day sightseeing tour of Fes
- Visit Fes el Bali and New Medina (the new city)
- Tour Place Nejjarine and the intricate Jewish Quarter
- Marvel at Bab Boujloud, the gate to the old city
- Transportations in A/C Viano or Veto or 4x4 Land cruiser or Toyota Prado or H1 with driver
- Local English-speaking guide on hand to help
- Wake up to delicious-smelling coffee: Bed & Breakfast Basis
Seven days of eye-opening sightseeing and a priceless glimpse into Moroccan life!
- Luxury accommodation in some of Morocco’s best cities
- Discover Marrakech’s marvellous landmarks and architecture during a riveting morning sightseeing tour
- A top-quality cooking class at La Maison Arabe will have you channelling your inner Delia Smith
- A jam-packed full-day sightseeing tour of Fes will give you an insight into Moroccan culture and customs
- Visit the famous Casablanca and its Hassan II mosque if you have the chance
- Wander the streets of Chefchaouen, feast on traditional cuisine, shop ‘til you drop and understand why this area is dubbed “the Blue Pearl”
- Delve deep into the hustle and bustle of Souks, nabbing knickknacks for back home and wonderfully-scented spices to show off at dinner parties
Located in the heart of Marrakesh, in the oldest part of the ocher city, close to the Medina and Jemaa El Fna Square, the new Royal Palace and the Koutoubia Mosque, Riad Marrakech by Hivernage is a place charm timeless that immerses visitors in the authentic Marrakech. Its oriental charm and its proximity to the main tourist and cultural attractions of the Red City make it a captivating.
This luxury riad has 12 elegant rooms and six suites with cozy charm equipped with climate control, flat-screen television, a safe, a private balcony and a work desk. Some rooms overlook the city.
The panoramic terrace for a drink or enjoy lunch and dinner restaurant, offers stunning views across Marrakech. This charming property also features a classy restaurant with traditional Moroccan flavors.
The brand new Barcelo Casablanca is a superior hotel located in the very heart of the financial and commercial centre of the Kingdom of Morocco. It is minutes away from the port, Old Medina, head offices, major banks and insurers. Barcelo Casablanca Hotel is located in the city of Casablanca, close to tourist attractions, restaurants and entertainment district.
Each room at the Hôtel Barceló Casablanca is air-conditioned and has a TV with satellite channels, a minibar and a private bathroom with shower or bath. Some of the rooms offer a panoramic view of the mosque.
The front desk at Barceló Casablanca has multilingual staff on hand 24/7 to help with concierge services, luggage storage, and securing valuables. Additional amenities include a 24-hour business center, express check-in, and express check-out.
Enjoy a bite to eat at Toubkal, the hotel's onsite restaurant. Savor a meal from the comfort of your room with 24-hour room service, or get a quick energy boost at the coffee shop/café. For your convenience, a buffet breakfast is served each morning.
Dar El Ghalia is in the heart of Fes, walking distance from University of Al-Karaouine and Kairaouine Mosque. The charming historical 4-Star Riad is within close proximity of Nejjarin Fondouk and Bab Ftouh. Various restaurants, as well as the Al Karaouine Mosque and Muse Nejjarine are on the hotel's doorstep.
At this prince's palace, built in the 18th century, all of the rooms are organised around the central patio and are decorated in a lush Oriental style which will transport guests into an authentic fairy-tale atmosphere like the Thousand and One Nights.
Pamper yourself with onsite massages or enjoy recreation amenities such as a steam room. This riad also features complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and an arcade/game room.
On the terrace guests may appreciate local Fes cuisine or sip on a refreshing drink while enjoying a unique view on the whole Medina with its countless minarets.
The riad Dar Echchaouen near the medina and Ras El Ma welcomes you in its rooms and suites with all the modern comforts and a background typical of the area using local Moroccan crafts.
The house offers 12 rooms and suites decorated with the pure local tradition; each one of the suites is equipped with Chimney, private bath room, air condition, heating.
Those staying at Dar Echchaouen can enjoy a unique dining experience at the in-house restaurant, conveniently situated for those who want to stay close by when looking for a bite to eat. Dar Echchaouen serves Moroccan dishes including couscous, tagine and pastille. Guests are invited to relax in the riad’s garden or enjoy the swimming pool.
Day 1 WELCOME TO MOROCCO!
Welcome to Menara airport! Meet your private driver and head off to your hotel in Marrakech/Riad by car (25 minutes approx.). Check in to the “Riad Marrakech by Hivernage” and freshen up.
OVERNIGHT IN MARRAKECH
Day 2 MORNING SIGHTSEEING TOUR OF MARRAKECH (WITH QUALIFIED ENGLISH-SPEAKING GUIDE)
Enjoy a delicious hotel breakfast at 9am. Meet your private guide in the hotel lobby and begin your guided tour, during which you’ll visit these highlights:
1) The iconic Koutoubia Minaret, Marrakech’s centre piece. This is a square tower attached to the Koutoubia Mosque, built in the late 12th century. Due to a long-standing planning ordinance, no other building in the old city can stand taller than the 250 feet Koutoubia Minaret.
2) Next you’ll see El-Bahia Palace, a 19th century decorative palace built for Ba Ahmed, the son of the Grand Vizier Si Moussa. Boasting a plethora of apartments (which once housed Ahmed’s harem), a trapezoidal garden, a huge tiled courtyard, antique objets d’art and the marriage of Andalusian and Moorish architecture, this palace promises to tick all the boxes.
3) Proceed to the Souks, a lively maze of street markets which fill the alleys north of the central square. With 100 different shops in just 100 yards you can find anything from spices and ironwork to the ingredients necessary for casting magic spells!
4) The Square of Jamaa el-Fna (“the Square of the Art”) will be your next stop. As the city’s cultural epicentre, prepare for the different facets of Marrakesh local life to come alive. You might stumble across snake charmers, scribes, herbalists and beggars by day and then witness alfresco dining options and peculiar entertainment galore by night. Watch troupes of costumed acrobats, storytellers, magicians and semi-mystical Gnawa musicians put on glorious shows.
5) Next, take a trip to the Saadian Tombs, one of Morocco’s most visited sites. To access the tombs, proceed through a narrow passage that leads to an enclosed garden, surrounded by two mausoleums which house more than one hundred tombs, all ornately decorated with mosaics.
6) Time permitting, you might be able to see the Menara Garden too. Brimming with hundreds of olive trees, the park is around 280 acres in size and has a spectacular pool located in his centre, dating back to the 12th century. Catch a glimpse of the small Saadien house at the water’s edge and you’ll find there are plenty of photo opportunities. Figure out where you’d like to have lunch – the guide and driver will be more than happy to recommend a few places.
At 2.10pm you’ll be met by your driver at your hotel and taken to the market of Marrakech by air-conditioned vehicle. Feast your eyes on home-grown local delights and succulent cuisine. Like a true Moroccan, spot the best products by looking, feeling, smelling and tasting products such as citron confit, traditional cakes, Argan Oil and lovely Moroccan spices.
AFTERNOON COOKING CLASS AT LA MAISON ARABE
You’re in for a treat with our cooking class. Taking place in a Riad, the chef will show you how to make some of the staples of Moroccan cuisine, dishes which will have you inviting all your friends over for a dinner party back home. Learn about tagines, couscous and b’stila, as well as different salads and desserts and other spices and key ingredients which make Moroccan cuisine so succulent. Enjoy the fruits of your labour and tuck into the meal you’ve cooked for yourself - you’ve earned it!
OVERNIGHT IN MARRAKECH
Day 3 MARRAKECH – CASABLANCA
After a hearty hotel breakfast at 10 am, proceed from the Riad to Casablanca via the highway, approximately a 2.5 hour drive. Upon arrival in Casablanca check in to the hotel and take a tour of the city by yourself or with the help of your private driver.
If you wish to visit the Hassan II mosque, make sure you go there sooner rather than later as last entry is 2pm (fees to the mosque are not included). Alternatively, rest up and relax at your hotel.
OVERNIGHT IN CASABLANCA
Day 4 CASABLANCA – FES
A 10.30 am breakfast will be followed by your departure transfer from Casablanca to Fes via the highway, approximately a 4-hour drive. Upon arrival in Fes, check in & relax at the hotel.
OVERNIGHT IN FES
Day 5 FULL-DAY SIGHTSEEING TOUR OF FES(WITH QUALIFIED ENGLISH-SPEAKING GUIDE)
Breakfast at 9am will be followed by a meeting with your private guide at the hotel lobby where you’ll kick-start your guided tour. Highlights will include:
1) Fes el Bali, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, was founded in the 9th century and houses the oldest university in the world. The Merinids who occupied this area in the 13th-14th centuries made Marrakech their kingdom capital. The abundance of monuments and landmarks (madrasas, Foundouk, palaces, residences, mosques and fountains) all stemmed from this period. Fes has stood the test of time and is still the cultural and spiritual heart of the country, despite the fact that Rabat enjoys the title of political capital.
2) New Medina (“the Nouvelle Ville”) refers to the new city. Feast your eyes upon the Medersa, the theological college, a prime example of Merinid architecture and arguably the most striking of all Al-Karaouine University’s residential colleges.
3) Bab Boujloud is the beautiful entry point to the old city and was constructed in 1913. A relatively new construction, this gate is particularly striking and worth a look.
4) The fountain at Place Nejjarine is a square which takes its name from the Souk Nejjarine (Carpenter’s Souk). Hidden away in a narrow street behind an age-old wooden door, it houses a splendid and unusual fountain.
5) The Mellah (“The Jewish Quarter”) was once the residence of many Jews who received protection from the sultan. Although most Jews now live in the Ville Nouvelle, the area is home to an impressive 17th century synagogue, the “Ibn Danan Synagogue”, which was recently restored.
6) The ancient city centre is bursting with Souks. Grouped by product and stretching through narrow alleyways, marvel at an array of locally-produced goods and splash out on Henna and woodwork which you’ll find in the Nejjarine neighbourhood, an area where the scent of cedar is wonderfully overpowering.
Decide where you’d like to have lunch, be it off your own judgment or based on the recommendations of your guide and driver.
OVERNIGHT IN FES
Day 6 FES – CHEFCHAOUEN
Check out from your Riad after breakfast and meet your private driver in the hotel lobby at 9am when you’ll proceed to Chefchaouen, approximately a 3.5/4 hour drive.
Chefchaouen is known as “The Blue Pearl” (and with good reason!).Feast your eyes on verdant mountain ranges during your journey before reaching this unique destination. Upon arrival, wander the Spanish-style squares, replete with artisanal boutiques, restaurants and high-end cafes.
Check in at the “Dar Echaouen” and freshen up at your Riad.
OVERNIGHT IN CHEFCHAOUEN
Day 7 TIME TO GO HOME!
Enjoy a lovely breakfast at your hotel and prepare for your flight home. Depending on your departure time, you’ll be transferred from Chefchaouen to Tangier Airport, approximately a 2.5 hour drive. We recommend arriving 2 hours before your scheduled departure time.
END OF TOUR
- We recommend that you buy a travel Insurance as any costs incurred due to mishaps, strikes, political unrest etc. are not included and will be passenger’s responsibility.
- Accommodation will be on twin sharing basis unless otherwise stated.
- The package is non-refundable for any inclusion items not used/taken.
- Anything not included in the package will be charged separately.
- Please note city local taxes apply, this cannot be prepaid.
- Tips, bar, laundry, telephone calls and other personal expenses not specified above.
- Early Check in / Late Check out.