Fed up of rain, office work, and no suntan? Swap the dismal British weather for the sensational sunshine of Sri Lanka and the beach break of a lifetime in the Maldives, w/ speedboat ride, flights and transfers! Book your trip today through Citrus Holidays and make your friends positively green with envy. Total from £1,599pp
They say there is no other country in the world, like Sri Lanka. A smiling sun all year round, golden beaches, ancient cities, exciting safaris, colorful culture, adventure sport and lovely people… where else can you get all these in one place? Your last four nights will be spent in an unforgettable manner, rubbing shoulders with sea turtles beneath the aquamarine Indian Ocean in the heart of the Maldives.
During your five nights’ stay in Sri Lanka, it is safe to say you’ll be spoilt for choice. The island offers a wide range of activities for every type of traveler, whether you are somebody who likes to keep cool as a cucumber poolside with a mojito in hand, or perhaps a secret thrill-seeker at heart whose idea of a perfect holiday involves a bit of rock climbing or a splash of water sports. Our package not only includes excursions, hotels, transfers and dances, but also heritage train rides, bullock cart rides, cooking classes and massages.
The adventure of a lifetime begins in Sri Lanka’s Capital Colombo, a port city, with a rich colonial heritage, religions and cultures. Then you will visit Sigiriya, a historical ancient city sprinkled with royal palaces, Buddhist frescoes and World Heritage Sites. Spend 2 nights’ in Kandy, one of the cultural hubs of the island. City also houses the famous Temple of the Tooth, the Matale Spice Gardens as well as Kandy Lake which you will drive around in the evening. No need to fret though, after such a jam-packed day, you’ll be able to rest your weary feet at the Topaz Hotel Kandy Hotel.
Next, prepare to be whisked off on a memorable train ride in Sri Lanka’s most popular hill station, Nuwara Eliya through tea plantations, twisting and turning through the mountain tunnels high up in the fluffy clouds. Catch a flight from Colombo to Malé where you’ll be transferred to your Certificate of Excellence Hotel in true A-list style, via speedboat.
There is no better place to relax and wind down than in one of the most stunning corners of the world, the Maldives. A haven for tropical weather and exotic marine life, Adaaran Select Hudhuranfashi is one of the larger islands which will be your own personal slice of paradise for the next four nights. Not only is it a place providing ultimate rest and relaxation, but it is also one of the best surfing resorts in the Maldives.
We take care of everything, so you don’t have to
- Return international flights are taken care of by us
- We’ll greet you at the airport and be on hand for anything you may need during your stay
- Transfer from Colombo Airport to the hotel will be calibrated as per your flight time.
- Stay in touch with people back home in a WiFi enabled and air conditioned vehicle
- Be guided and advised by English-speaking chauffeur
- 1 night in Colombo with welcome Dinner
- Sight Seeing in Colombo*
- 2 nights’ accommodation at a hotel in Sigiriya
- Visit and entrance to Dambulla Cave Temple
- Cooking demonstration and home cooked lunch in a Sri Lankan village
- Enjoy a bullock cart ride through the village paths
- Go canoeing on Lake Agoda Wawe
- Visit to the UNESCO World Heritage site Sigiriya Rock Fortress**
- Release all that inner tension with a head and shoulder massage in Matale
- Give Gordon Ramsay a run for his money after your cooking demonstration in Matale, Spice Gardens
- 2 nights’ accommodation at a hotel in Kandy
- Enjoy a glass of wine with dinner in Kandy
- Throw some shapes at a cultural dance show in Kandy
- Local Heritage Train experience while travelling towards Nuwara Eliya
- Visit to a Tea Factory where you can see, smell, taste and touch the tea at every stage of the production process, and get an understanding of why certain teas taste as they do.
- Taste a cup of pure Ceylon tea in the factory
- Visit and entrance fee to Tea Plantation, Temple of the Tooth Relic, Cultural Dance Show
- A breathtaking Jeep Safari to Minneriya National Park
- Never go hungry as Breakfast & Dinner are available at all the hotels throughout the tour in Sri Lanka
- Hotel service charge & government tax
- Flights from Colombo to Malé
- Enjoyable return airport transfer by Speed Boat
- A wonderful 4-Night Stay at the Adaaran Select Hudhuranfashi
- Signature Cocktail with a “Robinson Crusoe experience to the Barefoot Island”
- See amazing Sunset Cruise and enjoy Sunset Restaurant 04 Course Dinner at Adaaran Select Hudhuranfushi
- All Inclusive Board during your stay in the Maldives
- We’ll sort out flights from Malé to the UK
From the extraordinary naturally gorgeous Sri Lankan vistas to the beautiful beaches of Maldives!
- Hand-picked hotels which will ensure a luxurious stay in Sri Lanka
- Visit UNESCO World Heritage Sites dotted around the island
- Discover the mind-blowing Lion Rock in Sigiriya
- Unearth the many UNESCO treasures of Dambulla Cave Temple
- Breathe in the fragrant aromas within the Spice Gardens in Matale
- Observe the magnificent Sacred Temple of the Tooth in Kandy
- Put your dancing skills to the test at the Cultural Dance Show in Kandy
- Feel calm and carefree on the sandy beaches of the Maldives
- Dip into ocean water as clear as glass
- Explore the waters like Jack Sparrow, by paddle-boat, canoe, windsurf or catamaran
- Catch a glimpse of baby black tipped sharks that swim around the peninsula
- Spot dolphins and watch the golden haze of the sunset on a traditional Dhoni ride
Situated at the heart of Colombo's commercial business district and entertainment hub, ZMAX Fairway Colombo is a hotel designed to cater to the growing number of excitement-seeking travelers. As part of the internationally renowned, colorful and vibrant ZMAX Hotels, ZMAX Fairway Colombo offers you unique convenience & comfort. ZMAX Fairway Colombo is a unique blend between location, design, comfort, technology and affordability which we like term as "smart luxury".
With a total of 181 designer rooms that include family rooms and suites for you to select from, it perfectly complements modern Colombo in appearance and features. Free and uninterrupted high speed Wi-Fi access, motion sensor driven room temperature control, room access through your mobile phone, settling your bills in the comfort of your room with IP-TV are just a few of the technological conveniences offered by the 'Z' Life.
Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. 4 restaurants, a 24-hour fitness center, and a bar/lounge are available at this hotel. Other amenities include a coffee shop/café, a rooftop terrace, and 24-hour room service.
These standout features have positioned ZMAX Fairway as nothing less than the most sophisticated hotel in Colombo for the convenience seeking business traveler or the family that looks for home comforts while on vacation.
An ideally located hotel situated facing the magnificent Sigiriya rock in the midst of a small village named Digampathaha .The,"Travellers Choice Award", by tripadvisor winning property is located just 20 minutes from the beautiful and ever famous town of Dambulla.
“Kassapa Lions Rock” is an ideal base from which you can explore the many picturesque sites famous for its historic and cultural importance, such as Anurahapura, PoIonnaruwa, SigIriya, Dambulla and Ritigala.
National parks which are famous for wild elephants such as Minnariya, Kaudulla and Eco park are located in close proximity to the hotel.
If you are on your way to the east, (TrincornaIee, BatticaIoa etc.) or you are in the vicinity visiting renowned cultural sites, just drop in for a moment of relaxation and enjoy a drink, have meal or take a swim in the blue waters surrounded by a peaceful environment.
Kassapa Lions Rock takes you back to an era of lavish grandeur offering calm and serenity … amidst a peace and quiet village… all set to make you relax and enjoy
The propertys accommodation is stylish and comfortable would be an understatement. These rooms and suites feature calming atmosphere that can already induce one to relax.
All 73 guestrooms are fitted with modern comforts like air-conditioning, satellite TV, plush bedding, Wi-Fi Internet access, and wide windows. Rooms also have private balconies from which resplendent views of lush mountains and hills can be seen.
Hotel Topaz features an outdoor tennis court and an outdoor pool. The resort offers a coffee shop/café. Guests can unwind with a drink at one of the resort's bars, which include a poolside bar and a bar/lounge.
Experience a holiday in the tropics beyond compare at Adaaran Select Hudhuranfushi. Set in 83 acres of lush tropical beach property near Kani Beach on Lhohifushi Island the resort’s design enables it to blend into its surroundings being one of the best resort in Maldives.
Fully air-conditioned, the private beach villas are also equipped with a ceiling fan and seating area. Each comes with a cable/satellite TV and minibar. En suite bathrooms have an outdoor rain shower and hairdryer.
Adaaran Select Hudhuranfushi is about 19 km from Male International Airport. From there, it is 30 minutes by speedboat to the island.
Chavana Spa features a relaxing menu of massage therapies, spa baths and facials. With spa services ranges from traditional aromatherapy massages to result-driven Elemis face and body treatments, using dynamic with medical grade formulas that offer scientific solutions to every skin, body and lifestyle concern; a perfect way to complete a perfect getaway. Due to our enviable location amidst the pristine sands of Hudhuranfushi Island, we offer a wide range of water sports that makes us an ideal choice amongst Hotels in Maldives Island.
International buffet spreads are served at Banyan Restaurant, while the outdoor Sunset Restaurant offers candlelight seafood dinners and wine. Cocktails can be enjoyed at Lohis Bar and Hiyala Bar.
Day 1 ARRIVAL COLOMBO
Arrive in Sri Lanka, Bandaranayke International Airport. There you will meet one of our representative and will be transfered to your hotel in Colombo.
1430 Hrs Leave on a sightseeing tour of Colombo, which like many capital cities in developing countries is fast changing its face. Colombo being the largest city in Sri Lanka has an array of attractions and activities to offer its visitors. Wander through the streets of one of Colombo’s busiest places, the Pettah market, a mix of market vendors selling anything from fresh vegetables, meats and seafood to jewelry, clothing and electronic goods. Whether you are looking for a bargain or not, Pettah Market is well worth a trip. a Hindu and a Buddhist temple, residential areas where you find the stately homes of the affluent, the Bandaranaike Memorial International Conference Hall (BMICH) - an outright gift to Sri Lanka from the People's Republic of China. You will also visit some of the more popular shopping destinations such as Barefoot, Odel, Paradise Road, Cotton Collection and Lakmedura.
DINNER & OVERNIGHT IN COLOMBO
Day 2 COLOMBO / DAMBULLA / SIGIRIYA
After breakfast leave for Sigiriya which is home to one of the most valuable historical monuments of Sri Lanka. Enroute proceed to visit the Dambulla Rock Temple which is a popular destination in the cultural triangle of Sri Lanka. With a history that dates back to the 1st century, Dambulla has historic statues and paintings in its caves that has made it a popular destination for archeological studies. This temple was built by King Walagambahu during the 1st Century B.C. Dambulla is a UNESCO world heritage site. There are more than 80 documented caves in the surrounding and the paintings are done on the ceiling. There are a total of 153 Buddha statues 3 statues of Sri Lankan kings and 4 statues of god and goddess.
DINNER & OVERNIGHT IN SIGIRIYA
Day 3 SIGIRIYA / LOCAL VILLAGE VISIT /SIGIRIYA
After breakfast at the hotel, visit Rock Fortress which is is one of the most valuable historical monuments of Sri Lanka. Referred by locals as the Eighth Wonder of the World this ancient palace and fortress complex has significant archaeological importance and attracts thousands of tourists every year. It is probably the most visited tourist destination of Sri Lanka. Sigiriya rock plateau, formed from magma of an extinct volcano, is 200 meters higher than the surrounding jungles. Entry and climbing the rock will be £30 additional.
Want to try something traditional and completely different? A delightful evening Bullock Cart Ride is just the ticket, which will take you to some of the nicest places on the island. It’s pretty unconventional and definitely an adventure. Riding in the shade of the forests, you will see the country’s historic sites and some of the lovely scenery as well. What makes this ride exceptional is that you will visit a Sri Lankan village and enjoy a cookery demonstration and home-cooked meal from the local women and then top it off with a canoe ride across a beautiful lake! This tour will make your holiday that much more unforgettable!
DINNER & OVERNIGHT IN SIGRIYA
Day 4 SIGIRIYA / MATALE/ KANDY
After breakfast you will leave for Kandy. Enroute visit Matale Spice Gardens (Just 25 km from the hill capital of Kandy). The Matale Spice Gardens are among the best on the island. Here you will be introduced to different types of spices Sri Lanka is famous for and and will also be shown how some of these spices are grown and processed. Visitors may buy spices, traditional remedies and cosmetics, taste a herbal brew. In Matale, you will also enjoy a cooking demonstration with full flavors of Sri Lankan spices over Lunch and an Herbal Massage based on natural products from the garden.
Proceed to Kandy to visit the Temple of the Tooth Relic in the evening and thereafter witness a cultural show featuring traditional Sri Lankan dancing.
Day 5 KANDY / NUWARA ELIYA / KANDY
Following Breakfast proceed to Peradeniya railway station to board on a local train to experience the locomotives in Sri Lanka up to Gampola Railway station – proceed to Nuwara Eliya en route visit a tea plantation and a tea factory, where the best tea in the world is produced. You will be told all about the process of manufacturing tea. You can also see how tea is graded. Taste a cup of pure Ceylon tea in the factory.
On arrival in Nuwara Eliya proceed on a sightseeing tour, the city is tucked away within the hill country of the Central Province. The town is renowned for its lush tea plantations, waterfalls, red-roofed English country style houses, a golf course and a manmade lake. Nuwara Eliya is nicked named “Little England” because it was established by the British in the 1840s as a base for the colonists and still retains some distinctive English features, like the red post box and the Queen’s Cottage. Once completed return to Kandy.
DINNER & OVERNIGHT IN KANDY
Day 6 KANDY - COLOMBO - SPEEDBOAT- MALDIVES ALL INCLUSIVE
After breakfast, proceed on a sightseeing tour of Kandy which is a major city and last Royal Capital of Sri Lanka. The name Kandy conjures visions of splendor and magnificence. Many of the legends, traditions and folklore are still lovingly kept alive. Drive around the beautiful Kandy Lake built by the last Sinhala king Sri Wickrama Rajasinghe in 1798. Visit the Kandy town and Bazaar as Kandy is synonymous with arts and crafts of Sri Lanka than anywhere else in the country. It is probably the best place to buy most of the handicrafts produced in Sri Lanka because there are number of shops catering to the tourists.
After your return to you will start your once-in-a-lifetime voyage to the Maldives with an air-conditioned transfer to the Colombo airport, from where you will board your direct flight to Malé. Upon arrival at the airport, you will enjoy a speedboat transfer.
As you leave the speedboat, expect the warmest of greetings from the hotel staff along with a fresh fruit cocktail served on the beach side terrace that puts the resort’s all-inclusive service on a justly deserved pedestal.
OVERNIGHT IN MALDIVES
Day 7 MALDIVES ALL INCLUSIVE
Today is dedicated to relaxing on your own paradise on earth! Blessed with thriving vegetation & pristine waters, the Island of White Gold finds itself in peaceful seclusion in the North Male Atoll. Set in 83 acres of lush tropical beach property near Kani Beach on Lhohifushi Island the resort’s design enables it to blend into its surroundings being one of the best resort in Maldives. Today you can experience Robinson Crusoe experience to the Barefoot Island.
OVERNIGHT IN MALDIVES
Day 8 MALDIVES ALL INCLUSIVE
This day will be at leisure – that is if you can tear yourself away from the friendly baby sharks that swim near your villa. Whether choosing to chill out on the private beach, snorkeling the Indian Ocean or even opting for an excursion to the other islands, this resort is the ideal place for making all your dreams come true. You can also choose to enjoy the Sunset Restaurant 04 Course Dinner and amazing Sunset Cruise at Adaaran Select Hudhuranfushi. The All Inclusive Board is delightful with some of the best international cuisine and cocktails prepared for you.
OVERNIGHT IN MALDIVES
Day 9 MALDIVES ALL INCLUSIVE
Enjoy another day dedicated to your desires. You may choose to join an excursion such as the whale shark full-day trip. If you are lucky, you will discover during your time on board these beautiful giants of the sea (remember to bring a mask and flippers!) You can also join a trip to the south Ari Atoll, where you can see white tip sharks, nurse sharks, manta rays, turtles and stingrays.
OVERNIGHT IN MALDIVES
Day 10 MALDIVES - UK
Check-out from the hotel. If there's time, end your holiday on this wonderful paradise by relaxing on the beach, strolling around the island or bidding farewell to the friendly baby whale sharks. Then it is time to head home via speedboat to Malé airport for a hassle-free flight back to the UK.
END OF TRIP
- Colombo sight seeing will be possible if the flight from UK to Colombo reaches before 12 PM*.
- It is always our endeavor to offer the best price however due to the frequent changes in flight prices the package price might vary at the time of making the booking.
- Private transfers from Kandy to Colombo for any other timings will cost £45 per person.
- Our endeavor will always be to confirm the hotels listed in the package chosen, however in rarest of cases where we are not able to confirm certain hotel(s), like for like alternatives will be provided.
- We recommend that you buy a travel Insurance as any costs incurred due to mishaps, strikes, political unrest etc. are not included and will be passenger’s responsibility.
- The package is non-refundable for any inclusion items not used/taken
- Anything not included in the package will be chargeable
- There can be an additional supplement applicable for Xmas and New Year's period
- There will be an an entrance fee of £30 per person if you would want to climb Sigiriya Rock Fortress.
- Tips, bar, laundry, telephone calls and other personal expenses not specified above.
- Optional excursions
- Early Check in / Late Check out.