Prepare to fall in love with this post-Soviet city with our 3 Nights Break at our handpicked 4 Star centrally located Rixwell Gertrude Hotel!
The setting for Riga really has to be seen to be believed. Here, the architecture is so beautiful it dazzles and the river is the deepest shade of blue. Sitting on the glorious south coast of the Gulf of Riga, at the mouth of the Daugava, the blissful river views are accompanied by a jigsaw puzzle of Hansel and Gretel houses, with its swathe of Mr Kipling iced roofs and yellow frescos.
The sacred buildings are dotted along the narrow cobbled streets and around the quaint squares. Beneath the classical roofs lies the distinctive style of the Art Nouveau which makes this city an architectural pearl. In the hustle of modern Riga, where properties boom with the speed of the economy, Riga’s past continues to keep its hold.
Perhaps nowhere else in Europe offers the opportunity to investigate the ravages and changes of European history at such an intimate level. Riga has been ruled by the Poles, Germans and Swedes, and with such stunning Art Deco architecture, a vibrant night life and varied restaurants, the Soviet gloom has been replaced with Baltic optimism.
Prepare to fall in love with this post-Soviet city with our 3 Nights break from only £99pp!
A great selection on breakfast, including cooked and continental
- We take care of return flights
- 3 nights stay in 4 star Rixwell Gertrude Hotel
- Daily breakfast at the hotel
Fun times await in the recently crowned Capital of European Culture!
- The perfect way to begin the day is with the Soviet built Museum of the Occupation
- Want to catch a great view of the city? Swish up the Latvian Academy of Science
- Stroll along the cobbled streets of UNSECO Old Riga lined with medieval buildings
- Venture to the Ethnographic Open air Museum for log buildings of Latvian farmers
- Jog or ski in the city centre parks and try one of the many aquatic sports to be pursued
- Pamper yourself at one of the salons in the centre and you must enjoy a Latvian bath!
- Indulge in a spot of retail therapy at the art galleries and souviner shops of the Old Town
- Don’t forget your laptop as Riga has the largest number of free WiFi spots in Europe!
- You cannot leave Riga without visiting the sprawling and famous Central Market
- End your night at the Galerija Istaba, just north of the elegant Vermanes Park district
The Rixwell Gertrude Hotel is a family-friendly, boutique hotel located in a 19th century Art Nouveau style building. This 4-star hotel is a 15-minute walk from the St. Gertrude Church, the Vermane Central Park, the Latvian National Opera, and the Old Town.
The spacious rooms of the Rixwell Gertrude Hotel feature a classic interior décor, with dark wooden elements. Each has a work desk and private bathroom with a bath or shower, free toiletries and a hairdryer. All rooms are soundproofed and feature satellite TV, safety deposit box, tea and coffee making facilities and ironing facilities, as well as a direct dial telephone.
A breakfast buffet is available in the mornings, included in the room rate. Lobby bar offers a choice of alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks, as well as snacks.
Hotel has Certificate for Excellence from Trip Advisor. All this make Rixwell Gertrude Hotel attractive for Riga guests and travelling families with children.
- We recommend that you buy a travel Insurance as any costs incurred due to mishaps, strikes, political unrest etc. are not included and will be passenger’s responsibility.
- Accommodation will be on twin sharing basis unless otherwise stated.
- The package is non-refundable for any inclusion items not used/taken.
- Anything not included in the package will be charged separately.
- Please note city local taxes apply, this cannot be prepaid.
- Tips, bar, laundry, telephone calls and other personal expenses not specified above.
- Early Check in / Late Check out