After the Sights, Relax in Comfort while Still Immersed in History with this fantastic holiday!
Want to warm up your winter and spice up your stay in the Eternal City? Then the Donna Camilla Savelli Hotel is definitely for you! For starters, the location is sizzling with wow factor – set in a renovated 17th century convent (the hotel’s Baroque interior was designed by Francesco Borromini and there is something very romantic about strolling across the secluded cloister, gazing at the stars). Another big plus is that the retreat is slap bang in the heart of Rome, located in the hip hustle and bustle of Trastevere and the Donna Camilla Savelli, while tucked away in a peaceful spot at the foot of the Gianicolo Hill, is still within easy walking distance to the Vatican.
Trastevere is one of those unique places in Rome that is revered across the city as the crème de la crème of neighbourhoods. The leafy southwest district has been home to everyone from Julius Caesar and Jewish traders, to Italian countesses. Walking along the medieval streets you will enter a dusky pink world made up of authentic Italian character with a fiery kick; labyrinth streets lead onto piazzas fringed with restaurants, churches and steep steps that spiral up to an untouched kingdom and musicians sing folk songs in Old Italian dialect, not even the Romans can understand.The food is out of this world, and so affordable you will surely look twice when you see the bill!
While Trastevere smoulders, Gianicolo Hill is the theatre of bloody fights between the troops of the Roman Republic, led by Giuseppe Garibaldi, and the French troops who attacked Rome in order to restore the power of the Pope. Marvel at the statue of Garibaldi and find epic views of Rome, continue to the private villas where the sounds of Frank Sinarata drift down from the gardens.
If you want to mingle with the locals, walk along the west bank of the Tiber for some buzzing atmosphere at the bars and markets that line the river. This is always a popular place to cut loose and to see the red-robed monks who stand amidst the crowd like spiritual beacons.
Stop dreaming and start living the Roman way for 3 Nights at this beautiful hotel from £199 pp!
Extraordinary views of Rome
- We take care of travel with return flights from the UK
- 3 nights accomodation at the Donna Camilla Savelli
- A stay in Rome includes daily bed and breakfast
- Enjoy a free upgrade to the executive room
A piece of 17th Century Roman History
- Stay in a baroque architectural gem in the heart of Rome
- Rest in luxurious and unique rooms with epic city views
- Be treated to an exclusive upgrade to the executive suite
- Travel back in time at Donna Camilla Savelli’s garden
- Indulge in chilled cocktails overlooking the Capital Hills
- Stroll to the nearby splendour of the Vatican City
- Experience true Italian treats at the medieval Trastevere
- Step inside the Basilica di Santa Maria's dimly lit interior
- Head to Palazzo Corsini, a baroque palace with art by Titan
- Climb to the top of Gianicolo hill for the best views of Rome
- Marvel at the magnificent Garibaldi statue at the top
- Heat up the night with a visit to the Tiber's markets and bars
- Find the cheapest beer in Rome at the Piazza di San Calisto
Designed by Baroque architect Borromini, the Donna Camilla Savelli is a former monastery in Rome's popular Trastevere area. It offers a garden, elegant and sober rooms, and free Wi-Fi in the lobby.
The property dates back to the 17th-century, and features exposed wooden beams on the ceilings and precious stuccoes. Rooms are air-conditioned and offer an LCD TV with satellite channels. The en suite bathrooms are complete with bathrobes and slippers.
The terrace at the Camilla Savelli offers views of the Eternal City. The inner garden is complete with patio. Breakfast is a varied buffet including sweet and savoury items. During summer it is served on the terrace.
The surroundings of this 4-star hotel include historic buildings, traditional Roman squares, and cobblestone-covered streets. The famous square outside the Church of Santa Maria in Trastevere is a 5-minute walk away.
The Vatican is a 10-minute walk along the banks of River Tiber. The historic centre of Rome is just across Sisto Bridge. Free parking is provided on site, upon availability.
- We recommend that you buy a travel Insurance as any costs incurred due to mishaps, strikes, political unrest etc. are not included and will be passenger’s responsibility.
- Accommodation will be on twin sharing basis unless otherwise stated.
- The package is non-refundable for any inclusion items not used/taken.
- Anything not included in the package will be charged separately.
- Please note city local taxes apply, this cannot be prepaid.
- Tips, bar, laundry, telephone calls and other personal expenses not specified above.
- Early Check in / Late Check out.