The rolling hills of Tuscany cradle a scenic backdrop of peaceful vineyards and timeworn medieval castles, whose paths and alleys make you feel like you’ve stumbled back into the 13th century. This is your chance to journey to some of the most happening spots, including Florence, Siena, Pisa and Chianti where delectable food, formidable art and an abundance of history await you. Andiamo?
Located in Central Italy, Tuscany has been dubbed the “birthplace of the Italian Renaissance” and is renowned for its enticing landscapes and impressive artistic legacy. It houses the Uffizi and the Palazzo Pitti, two well-known museums, and is also home to seven World Heritage Sites including the historic centre of Florence, the Cathedral square of Pisa and the Medici Villas and Gardens. The region also has 120 protected nature reserves.
Tourists tend to flock like bees to honey to Florence, Pisa and Montecatini Terme and this trip is no exception. Get ready to sample some mouth-watering wine in Monteriggioni with a view of its famous walls, get up close and personal to Siena’s astonishing architecture and stand in awe at San Gimignano’s soaring medieval skyline. Next, meander through alluring Florence, the “Athens of the Middle Ages” and one of the top 15 fashion capitals of the world, with the help of a trusty expert guide on hand to provide any nuggets of information you might require. Be mesmerized by the Uffizi Gallery and the exquisite works of Leonardo Da Vinci and Michelangelo which dwell inside, and join the swarms of holidaymakers at the mighty Repubblica Square and the ornate Florence Baptistery.
Then, step into enchanting Pisa, home to the iconic leaning tower, a visit to which isn’t complete without attempting one of those “look-my-finger-is-touching-the-tip!” forced perspective photos. After admiring Pisa’s monuments, you’ll set off to Lucca, where a passeggiatainto the centre will bring you face to face with the Guinigi Tower and San Martino Dome, concludingwith a delicious bite of buccellato.
The holiday of a lifetime at an affordable price!
- Return flights from UK
- 7 wonderful nights in a 4 Star Hotel
- Enjoy Half Board Basis throughout your tour.
- Return transfer from Pisa or Florence airport to hotel
- Incredible tour of Florence which includes: return train tickets to Florence, local guide for the walking tour and Uffizi Gallery reservation and entrance fee.
- Brilliant tour of Pisa and Lucca which includes: transportation by coach, tour escort and local guide, entrance fee to Pisa’s cathedral and a sampling of the sweet buccellato.
- Fabulous tour of Siena, S. Gimignano and Chianti includes: return train tickets to Florence, transportation by coach from Florence, full-day tour escort and Siena local guide, entrance to Siena Cathedral, visit to a wine cellar in the Chianti area where you’ll also taste some wine, stop off in Monteriggioni, free time and ice cream tasting in San Gimignano.
- Awesome visit to a farm-house includes: transportation, guided visit of the vineyard, olive grove and mill, cellar, wine tasting and light lunch.
Tuscany’s history, culture and beauty will take your breath away!
- Enjoy a farm-house vineyard visit with exquisite wine tasting
- Marvel at Florence’s architectural ingenuity
- Wander the cobbled, medieval streets of striking Siena
- Discover impressive San Gimignano, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Stand in awe at the Leaning Tower of Pisa and take some pictures
- Sample local delicacies such as buccellato and S. Gimignano’s world famous ice cream
Hotel Adua & Regina di Saba is certainly one of the most appreciated hotels of our beautiful and famous thermal city. Hotel Adua & Regina di Saba is a comfortable 4-star hotel, combined with a professional quality service. This hotel is 200 to 300 m from Terme Excelsior and Terme Leopoldine thermal baths. Montecatini Station is a 10-minute walk away.
Rooms come with precious textiles, air conditioning and a private bathroom with toiletries and a hairdryer. Some have a spa bath and most include a balcony.
A real Wellness Realm, exclusively reserved to guests, has been recently built in the hotel. This is not just a "wellness corner" but a big, modern and very well equipped wellness center with a very professional staff.
At the Adua & Regina di Saba hotel you can sample quality Italian dishes in the restaurant. A continental breakfast is served daily, and drinks are available at the bar.
With All this has made the Adua & Regina di Saba hotel's accommodation offer unique of its kind in Montecatini.
Day 1 ARRIVE PISA
After arriving at Pisa Airport, you’ll be transferred either privately or in a shared car to your glorious hotel. The rest of the day will be spent at your leisure. You’ll have dinner and stay overnight.
DINNER AND OVERNIGHT IN MONTECATINI
Day 2 GUIDED VISIT OF A FARM HOUSE AND TYPICAL LUNCH
You’ll have breakfast at the hotel and then head off to a typical farm house where you’ll have a brilliant time during your guided visit of the vineyard, olive grove, mill and cellar. Plus, get your taste buds tingling with a wine tasting. A light lunch consisting of homemade pasta, cantuccini, vinsanto and grappa is also included.
OVERNIGHT IN PISA MONTECATINI
Day 3 FLORENCE (SIENA, S. GIMIGNANO AND CHIANTI)
Breakfast will be followed by a visit to Siena, S. Gimignano and the Chianti hills. Your escorted tour will commence in Florence, meaning you’ll make your way by train to the pick-up point there, making use of the hotel’s closest railway station. Your first stop will be Monteriggioni, renowned for its sumptuous wine and charmingly authentic countryside views. Woods, vineyards and olive groves are ten a penny here, filled with Romanesque churches, farmhouses, villas and castles. Next, you’ll stop off in Siena, where you’ll be taken around the winding medieval streets by an expert guide.
Marvel at the heavenly palaces, visit the interior of the cathedral and explore the Palazzo Comunale (City Hall) and Piazza del Campo, the site of the annual Palio race. Afterwards, take some time out to relax and enjoy a spot of lunch (excluded) and shopping and then continue to San Gimignano which is one of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites. You’ll be led into the very heart of the village by an expert tour guide where you’ll wander the squares, buildings, churches, shops and mysterious alleyways. Be sure to sample the number one ice cream in the world before you leave! It won the last two editions of the Ice Cream World Championship. Before returning to the MontecatiniTerme in Florence by train, you’ll head to a farm house and taste some exquisite Tuscan wines, cold meats, bruschetta and cheese.
OVERNIGHT IN MONTECATINI
Day 4 FLORENCE
After breakfast you’ll make your way by train to Florence. You’ll have some free time before the start of the guided walking tour of Florence at 1.45pm. An expert guide will lead you through Florence’s architectural gems and winding streets, including visits to the Repubblica Square, the Cathedral with Brunelleschi’s Dome (exterior), the Baptistery with its Gates of Paradise (exterior), Signoria Square and its Palazzo Vecchio (exterior) and Loggia deiLanzi. Spend some time making good use of those cameras and selfie sticks and then enter the Uffizi Gallery after meeting back up with the guide. The Uffizi Gallery contains beautifully ornate and spellbinding Italian Renaissance paintings, including the works of Giotto, Leonardo da Vinci, Botticelli and Michelangelo. You can even stay in the museum until closing time before returning to MontecatiniTerme by train.
DINNER AND OVERNIGHT IN MONTECATINI
Day 5 FLORENCE--DAY AT LEISURE
Today you’ll have breakfast at the hotel and then be able to spend your day however you please.
DINNER AND OVERNIGHT IN MONTECATINI
Day 6 PISA AND LUCCA
The architectural masterpieces of Pisa and Lucca will come to life today, as you set off on a guided tour after breakfast at the hotel. Your exciting tour will commence from Montecatini Terme and upon arrival in Pisa the guide will take you to Miracles Square and talk to you about its intriguing history. Marvel at the Leaning Tower (exterior), the Baptistery (exterior) and other monuments before going into the cathedral (interior). At the end of the visit, be sure to take some pictures and load up on a hearty lunch before departing for Lucca where you’ll be greeted by another local guide. He/she will take you on a pleasant passeggiata into the centre where you’ll admire the Guinigi Tower and San Martino Dome, as well as the “antique dealers street.” You’ll find yourself in a local pastry shop at the end of your guided visit where you can sample a typical cake of Lucca, the buccellato. Return to Montecatini Terme.
DINNER AND OVERNIGHT STAY IN MONTECATINI
Day 7 DAY AT LEISURE
After breakfast you’ll have the day off to do as you please.
DINNER AND OVERNIGHT AT THE HOTEL
Day 8 TRANSFER TO PISA AIRPORT
- Our endeavor will always be to confirm the hotel listed in the package chosen, however in rarest of cases where we are not able to confirm certain hotel(s), like for like alternatives will be provided.
- We recommend that you buy a travel Insurance as any costs incurred due to mishaps, strikes, political unrest etc. are not included and will be passenger’s responsibility.
- Accommodation will be on twin sharing basis unless otherwise stated.
- The package is non-refundable for any inclusion items not used/taken.
- Anything not included in the package will be charged separately.
- Tips, bar, laundry, telephone calls and other personal expenses not specified above.
- Early Check in / Late Check out