Not one but two of Italy’s greatest gems w/ breakfast & train transfer. Book your romantic twin-centre break today! Total from £259pp
“You may have the universe if I may have Italy.” – Giuseppe Verdi
Every heart beats for this capsule of bygone and changing times. Italy’s extraordinarily diverse culture, art and food have left an unforgettable mark on many. And now the Italian Dream is yours! Why not visit both Florence and Venice in this fantastic twin-centre break? How? As your god of Mercury, we make the arrangements.
First up, we fly you to Florence for two nights at the 4 star Grand Hotel Mediterraneo. No other city blends Renaissance art, cultural wonders and ancient architecture so beautifully. The prettiest of all Tuscan towns will forever display the overpowering treasures of past masters, including Michelangelo, Da Vinci and Dante. Next up is a fantastic train journey from Florence to Venice.
Fancy an aperitif overlooking the water or an Italian feast in Venice’s bacari? For two nights at the 4 star Giorgione Hotel, delve into this magical lagoon and discover mind-blowing sights and historic splendour. Off the tourist track, uncover a water-world of dainty bridges, winding waterways and labyrinthine alleys. Bellissima!
Expert advise from our team of expert consultants
- We take care of travel with Return Flights from the UK
- 2-Night Stay at the 4 Star Grand Hotel Mediterraneo, Florence
- Train Journey from Florence to Venice
- 2-Night Stay at the 4 Star Giorgione Hotel, Venice
- A stay a both hotels includes a delicious Breakfast
From the Capital of the Renaissance to the Capital of Romance
- Two very different Italian cities for the price of one with accommodation
- Discover Florence’s treasures from the Duomo Cathedral to Piazza della Signoria
- For a bird’s eye view, climb up into Brunelleschi’s magnificent dome
- Marvel at the Uffizi Gallery’s paintings from the 13th to 18th centuries
- Heaven awaits at one of the addictive gelato emporiums
- Behold Michelangelo’s masterpiece at the Galleria dell'Accademia
- Enjoy a train journey with breathtaking views of the countryside
- Pamper your beloved with a romantic alfresco meal at sunset
- Sit back and see the fabulous sights of Venice on a gondola ride
- Hop on a water taxi and wander around the Punta della Dogana
- Relish un caffe with a pastry, grabbing a slice of pistachio nougat
The Hotel Giorgione is just a few minutes from the Rialto Bridge and St. Mark’s Square, and the city’s most prominent attractions. Among 4 star hotels in Venice, the Hotel Giorgione stands out as a true example of excellent hospitality.
The elegant rooms feature precious fabrics and Murano-glass chandeliers. They combine period furniture with modern amenities, such as an LCD TV with satellite channels. Wi-Fi is free throughout.
4-star Hotel Giorgione is a romantic hotel in Venice featuring spacious and elegant halls and an oldinterior courtyard with a fountain, a charming area where guests may pleasantly linger: an ideal place to enjoy breakfast or a candlelight dinner during the warm season.
Grand Hotel Mediterraneo is set on the banks of the Arno River, just 1 km from Piazza Santa Croce. Rooms offer Wi-Fi, and there are 3 à-la-carte restaurants serving Tuscan dishes and special diet menus.
The en suite rooms include satellite TV, air conditioning and a minibar. Some have panoramic views of the river, of the green hills surrounding Florence, or of Piazzale Michelangelo viewing point on the other side of the bridge.
The Mediterraneo Grand Hotel features a cocktail bar and a lounge where guests can relax. Breakfast is served daily and includes gluten- products. Half-board is a varied 3-course dinner with choice of starters, main courses, and deserts. Gluten- dinner is available on request.
In the lobby you will find an internet point with 4 computers. A garage is available, and public buses stop 300 metres away. Firenze Campo di Marte Train Station is a 15-minute walk away. The property is located in Lungarno del Tempio, which is highly rated by guests for nightlife, tourism and scenery.
- Airport Transfers can be arranged on request
- Our endeavor will always be to confirm the hotels listed in the package chosen, however in rarest of cases where we are not able to confirm certain hotel(s), like for like alternatives will be provided.
- We recommend that you buy a travel Insurance as any costs incurred due to mishaps, strikes, political unrest etc. are not included and will be passenger’s responsibility.
- Accommodation will be on twin sharing basis unless otherwise stated
- The package is non-refundable for any inclusion items not used/taken
- Anything not included in the package will be chargeable
- The itinerary can also be booked in reverse
- Mandatory supplement will be applicable for Xmas and New Year's period