This 14 day trip offers the perfect taste of southern India with private chauffeur. Stroll its beaches, ride in a houseboat, stay in gracious hotels and enjoy some of the country’s most incredible wildlife! Book your trip today from just £1399pp!
If the north of India offers vivid fuchsia and turquoise, its south offers the coolest, most luxuriant greens anywhere. Covering some of the most inspiring and delightful sights of the southern-most states of India, our Southern Explorer tour starts with the atmospheric town of Bangalore.
After a spectacular stop at the fort town of Srirangapatnam, drive to Mysore to see another magnificent site, Mysore Palace. Drive through Bandipur National Park in search of elephants before crossing over to Coonoor on board a UNESCO World Heritage train. Our tour itinerary lets you connect with the Mother Nature by taking you on activities like quest to nature, night expedition, nature walk with naturalist and trek in the nearby hillocks. Moreover, it also gives you an opportunity to participate in cooking demonstration and learn how to cook the local cuisines. Unlock Kerala’s rich history by visiting the impressive architecture of Kochi.
Take a traditional houseboat along the captivating backwaters to final stop Kovalam and spend an evening under a soul-stirring sunset, in a cruise boat, on the picturesque backwaters of Poovar Island.
Private Chauffeur, and all monument entrance fees
- We take care of International Flights from the UK
- One-night Stay at Radisson Blu Atria Bengaluru with Half-Board
- Visit to the beautiful Bangalore Palace
- Sample the finest wines with Wine Tasting & Tour in Bangalore
- Two-Night Stay at the Grand Mercure Mysuru with Deluxe Room & Half-Board, Mysore
- Enjoy 1 glass of wine per person once during the day in Grand Mercure Mysuru, Mysore
- Guided tour of Mysore’s architectural and historical wonders
- Visit to Ranganthittu Bird Sanctuary (near Mysore) & Lalith Mahal Palace Hotel on Day 4
- 1 Hour Jungle Jeep Safari through the Forest at Mudumalai Wildlife Sanctuary enroute to Ooty on Day 4
- Chug across South India’s plains on a UNESCO mountain train, Ooty
- Two-Night Stay at the Fortune Resort Sullivan Court, Ooty with Half-Board
- Learn about the history of tea with tea tasting excursion, Ooty
- Visit to Botanical Garden & Lovedale in Ooty
- Visit Sims park and Coonoor tea plantations
- Enroute to Wayanad visit Needle Rock View point in Gudalur, the Wayanad Wildlife sanctuary, Pookot Lake and Chain Tree
- Two-Night Stay at the Wayanad Wild CGH Earth Experience in a Superior Room with Private Balcony & Half-Board
- Learn to cook Malabar and Traditional Kerala dishes at the cooking demonstration at Wayanad Wild resort
- Enjoy activities such as nature walk focusing on bird watching, trekking and night walk with naturalist at Wayanad Wild resort
- Two-Night Stay at the Casino Hotel Kochi with Superior Room & Half-Board
- Discover the dances of the Kathakali Show, Kochi
- Visit Chinese fishing nets and St. Francis’ Church in Kochi
- Overnight on board air-conditioned Deluxe Houseboat with Full-Board, Alleppey
- Wined and dined on board with all three meals & one bottle of wine
- Enroute to Poovar visit the beautiful Hawa Beach
- Three-Night Stay at the Isola Pavilion/Heritage & Half-Board, Poovar
- Cruise through Poovar Island’s mangroves via one hour boat ride
- Unwind with one complimentary full body massage, Poovar
- Services of English speaking local guides as per itinerary
- Applicable entrance fees for each monuments and parks
- Private Chauffeur driven transfers during excursions
- Applicable government taxes
Simply the best of the private tours in India
- Simply the best of the Private Tours in India
- Stay in some of India's most opulent hotels filled with treasures
- Explore the contrasting sights of thriving town, Bangalore
- Savour the finest local wines at a charming local vineyard
- Experiential resort with rainforest character in Wayanad
- Journey through the Bandipur & Mudumalai Wildlife Sanctuary viewing animals on both the side of the road
- Drive through scenery lifted straight out of the Lost World
- Visit a tea plantation to learn about the history of the “cuppa”
- Unlock Kochi’s history by embarking on a sightseeing tour
- Grab the secret recipe from Master Chef from Wayanad Wild resort.
- Delight in a sumptuous lunch with a local Keralan family
- Relish the ambience of the Kathakali & martial arts in Kochi
- Set out in Agatha Christie style on a house boat from Alleppey
- Thunder across India’s peaks on an UNSECO train to Coonoor
- Swing lazily in your hammock in the gentle sea breeze on the beach
- Enjoy an Ayurvedic massage or simply lose yourself in a good book
Nestled in the heart of the city, the Radisson Blu Atria Bengaluru provides an upscale home base with easy city access for business travellers and tourists in Bengaluru. Our convenient location places guests within a five-kilometre radius of the business and entertainment hotspots found in Bengaluru’s Central Business District, and a 39-minute drive from Kempegowda International Aiport.
Each of 167 rooms and suites offers free high-speed, wireless Internet to help keep you connected to home or the office during your stay.
Guests of the Radisson Blu Atria Bengaluru can enjoy memorable meals at two on-site Bengaluru (formerly Bangalore) restaurants, which feature exciting flavour combinations from around the globe. Whether you’re looking for a hearty breakfast buffet to fuel up for a business meeting or a leisurely dinner overlooking the pool, One Atria Café offers international favourites any time of day. For authentic Indian cuisine in a refined atmosphere that features elegant indoor dining and refreshing al fresco seating, visit Tijouri, located on the lobby level of the hotel.
Located on site at the Radisson Blu Atria Bengaluru, the contemporary Whiskey Bar provides an excellent upscale atmosphere to experience the thrilling Bengaluru (formerly Bangalore) nightlife. For some welcome relaxation throughout the day, settle down on a plush sofa in the Tea and Wine Lounge and sample a wide selection of aromatic teas, premium coffees, tasty wines and delectable snacks.
Get pampered in luxury within the finest ambience in Mysore Grand Mercure, Mysuru An Accor Hotels Brand is a luxury hotel situated in the heart of Mysore, just 3 km away from the famous Mysore Palace. This upscale hotel with its convenient location, pleasing dcor, quiet ambience, modern facilities, and excellent service is an ideal choice for a restful vacation.
The hotel has 146 rooms and suites It offers many modern amenities like air-conditioning, free-WIFI, telephone in bathroom, LCD TV, complimentary Wi-Fi, mini-bar, work-desk, electronic safe, hair dryer and tea-coffee maker, newspaper and 24-hour room service.
The hotel has a rooftop outdoor swimming pool, fitness centre, spa, and a gym.
The hotel has two restaurants and a bar. Enjoy traditional North Indian dishes at By The Blue, which overlooks the pool, and has a warm and refined environment. La Uppu is a trendy 24-hr restaurant serving International gourmet dishes. Relax at the Silk Bar, which offers an array of Indian and International spirits.
Set on the gentle slopes of Ooty, amidst lush green lawns and a colorful patterned garden, Fortune Resort Sullivan Court is a modern-day tribute to John Sullivan, who founded the scenic town in 1821. This beautiful family resort in Ooty is a perfect destination to unwind and relax. The hotel is just 1 km from the city centre, 2 km from railway station and 100 km from Coimbatore Airport.
The hotel offers a choice of 67 rooms with most of them providing scenic view of the slopes and is an ideal getaway for a fun-filled vacation with family and friends.
As one of the best hotels in Ooty, Fortune Resort Sullivan Court offers a choice of 67 beautiful rooms, comprising of 51 Standard Rooms, 12 Fortune Club Rooms, and 4 Suites. The rooms at this Ooty hotel provide a stunning view of the slopes.
Guests can visit the well-equipped business centre or tour desk available in the hotel. Currency exchange services are also provided. Guests enjoy free parking privileges.
International cuisine is served at The Pavillion while Selbourne is a place to unwind over cocktails and drinks. For alternative dining options, 24-hour room service is available.
CGH Wayanad Wild is an experiential nature resort in Lakkidi area of Wayanad North Kerala set amidst the lush green forests in Wayanad, Kerala offering travelers a CGH style rainforest experience. Majestic landscapes, lush greenery, gurgling streams and the occasional wild encounter surrounds the property located in the heart of the woods.
The spacious rooms are well-equipped with modern facilities and amenities, and a jungle peeping in from the window. The outdoor pool offers a stunning view of the forest, while the restaurant dishes out authentic cuisine made from local produce.
Wayanad Wild has been designed to be family-friendly. Activities for children include light treks into the woods, hiking to neighbouring hillocks, zip lining, bamboo rafting in the river and cycling.
This property also has one of the best-rated locations in Vythiri.
The Casino Hotel is not just one of Cochin's landmarks, it's also a fine introduction to the charms of the city, and indeed, of Kerala. Here, you can get an authentic taste of Kerala's colourful life, diverse cultures and eclectic cuisine. The hotel is 6 km from Ernakulam and a 10 minute ferry ride to Fort Cochin and Mattancherry.
The Casino Hotel features regular rooms, spaciously appointed suites and a separate non-smoking wing on the ground floor. Air-conditioned guest rooms are fitted with a personal safe, a minibar and satellite television. Environmentally sensitive practices are the watchword here, as in all the CGH properties.
Many guests love whiling away a relaxed hour or two in the Casino Hotel's sunlit, spacious lounge. This is the heart of the hotel, and usually buzzes with gentle activity like read the local papers (just for curiosity), do a crossword puzzle or just kick back, relax and watch the world go by.
Tharavadu serves Indian, Chinese and continental buffet dishes all day. Seafood specialities can be enjoyed at Fort Cochin restaurant. The Garden Cafe provides grilled food and healthy drinks, while alcoholic beverages can be found at the Vasco da Gama Bar.
The hotel also offers an outdoor pool and in-house Ayurvedic massage services. The Casino Hotel's gym is an expansive space, equipped with a selection of treadmills, weights, cycles, rowers and other equipment. At Casino Hotel you will have experiences that are not just enjoyable, but also environmentally aware and culturally rich.
Spend your day on the traditional Houseboat also know as Kettuvallam.
The Kettuvallam or 'boat with knots' is called so because coir ropes tied in knots hold the entire structure of the boat together. During the entire assembling work of the boat, not a single nail is used. Natural and eco-friendly products like bamboo mat, arecanut trees and coir are used to construct the boats.
Kettuvallam comprise of a separate living room with dining table, a bedroom with bathroom and a sit out area at one corner of the boat.
Guests can enjoy a calm evening right in the middle of the backwaters and watch one of the best sunsets that there could be.
The property is a unique heritage resort cosseted by a coconut grove. Located on the banks of the river Poovar, at the juncture where the tranquil river embraces the roaring Arabian sea! The property is tucked away in the southwestern tip of India in the State of Kerala - the internationally renowned tourist destination (projected as one of the 50 best "must see destinations" in the world by the National Geographic Traveller Magazine)
Isola Di Cocco offers rooms, suites and condominiums, spread over 30 acres studded with palms and lush greenery. Privacy abounds at this upscale resort where you'll enjoy romantic seaside dining, lively open-air bar, attentive staff, large fresh water pool, great backwater rides and lots of relaxation. Laze around our coconut grove or relax in a hammock with books from our well-stocked library.
All rooms are garden facing, air conditioned and built to international standards
Day 1 ARRIVAL BANGALORE
Your journey of a lifetime begins in Bangalore. Arrive at the international airport where you’ll be met and transferred to your hotel. There is no better way to start your adventure than with an afternoon guided sightseeing walk around the city.
Once an obscure town, Bangalore is now the hub of India’s booming IT industry and is the nation’s most progressive city. The title “A Tale of Two Cities” is apt as Bangalore bridges together two different worlds. The central district, dating back to the British Raj years, contrasts with the Silicon Valley-esque outskirts of Bangalore. On this journey you will discover a mystifying land sprinkled with the unpredictable gems of India’s legacy.
At 16:00 hrs, visit the Bangalore Palace. It is one of the top attractions in Bangalore known for its elegant splendour and royal charm. You may take a walking tour of the palace and explore the architectural marvel which is a perfect blend of Tudor and Scottish Gothic with wooden interiors.
Travellers arriving Bangalore by afternoon flight will be taken to Bangalore palace on day 2 morning at 09:45 hrs.
OVERNIGHT IN BANGALORE
Day 2 BANGALORE - MYSORE
For the ultimate Indian indulgence we have arranged a day of stunning delights with the best of local wines. After breakfast and check-out, your wine tour commences with chauffeured transport in an air-conditioned car to a beautiful wine-producing vineyard situated in Channapatna,a city located 60km south-west of Bangalore. Here you will relish the strong floral and fruity notes of different varieties of wines. Your expert guide will ensure your tour flows effortlessly from start to finish, from pouring the finest wine into your ice-cool glass to surmising the age-old and modern processes of wine and cuisine.
Next, you will drive to the royal city of Mysore. Your stop along the way is equally spectacular with a visit to the fort town of Srirangapatnam. Located on an island straddling the Cauvery River, Srirangapatam is steeped in bloody history. The seat of Hyder Ali and Tipu Sultan’s power, this town was the de facto capital of much of southern India during the 18th century. The epic war waged by the British against Tipu Sultan in 1799 ended Srirangapatnam’s glory days. You can still sense the history as you view the massive ramparts, battlements and some of the remaining gates of the fort.
Drive on to Mysore and check-in to your hotel.
OVERNIGHT IN MYSORE
Day 3 MYSORE SIGHTSEEING
After breakfast, we arrive at Mysore Palace. Discover a royal heirloom in marble as you behold the sight of the sun striking its rays onto the domes that radiate like pink pearls. The palace cannot be left out of Southern India’s treasure trail! The finest example of Indo-Saracenic archaeological brilliance, it is one of India’s grandest royal buildings. Entering the Doll’s Pavilion and Elephant Gate you will be transported back to a lavish way of life, where opulent halls are richly decorated with stained-glass ceilings and a golden elephant howdah that stands like an unused TARDIS to the ancient world of the Maharajas of Mysore.
Your afternoon exploration of the city of Palaces begins at the temple of Chamundeswari located on top of Chamundi Hills. The temple was named after a deity worshiped for centuries by Mysore Maharajas. Walk up the steps to behold the remarkable tower of the temple and its granite statues including the beautiful 16-foot statue of Nandi, gifted by the Maharaja, Dodda Devaraja Wodeyar in 1659. Also included is a drive to St. Philomena’s Church. Constructed in 1936, it is believed to be one of the oldest churches in India and its architecture was inspired by the Cologne Cathedral in Germany.
Rest of the day is at leisure.
OVERNIGHT IN MYSORE
Day 4 MYSORE – BANDIPUR -- MUDUMALAI -- OOTY
After breakfast from the hotel, check out at 10:00 Hrs and depart for Ranganathittu Bird Sanctuary which is 14 kms from Mysore.
Spanning over 40 acres of land area, Ranganathittu Bird sanctuary lies beautifully on the banks of River Cauvery. The sanctuary houses some of the most exquisite birds and offers a picturesque setting to mesmerise tourists. Here you can spot a wide array of local and migratory birds including shag, white ibis, Darter, Peafowl, Pond Heron, Wild Duck, open-billed stork, painted stork, kingfisher, Cattle Egret, River Tern and many more. Later, visit the Lalith Mahal palace hotel, which is the second largest palace in Mysore. The construction of the palace dates back to 20th century and was build for the exclusive stay of the then Viceroy of India. The elegant palace is painted pure white and boasts of its exquisite Renaissance architecture, sprawling landscaped gardens and historical significance.
Post lunch, depart for Ooty at around 13:00 hours. Enroute to Ooty visit Bandipur Forest by car, you will proceed to Mudumalai national park & wildlife sanctuary which is 12 kms away from Bandipur national park, Covering 880 sq km expanse of wilderness between the Deccan Plateau and Western Ghats, Bandipur National Park was once the Mysore Maharajas’ private wildlife reserve. It is now a protected zoo for over 100 species of mammals, including tiger, elephant, leopard and sloth bear. The park also teems with 350 species of bird, so keep your eyes open for delicately hued doves, slender and elegant herons and broad winged eagles.
Enjoy the Jeep Safari at Mudumalai Wildlife sanctuary from 1500 to 16:00 Hrs.
Then you will proceed to Ooty, which is also known as the “the queen of the hill stations” and is one of 65 hill stations set up across India by the British. The town was established in the early 19th century as the summer headquarters of the Madras government and memorably nicked-named “Snooty Ooty”. It lies among sprawling forests, and at 7,000 ft above sea level, it’s refreshingly cool.
Check in at the hotel in Ooty around 18:00 Hours.
DINNER & OVERNIGHT IN OOTY
Day 5 OOTY LOVEDALE & COONOOR SIGHTSEEING
After breakfast, proceed for a sightseeing tour of Ooty. “Udhagamandalam is the "Queen of hill stations" and the capital of Nilgiris district. It is one of the most popular tourist resorts in India. Nilgiris which means "Blue Mountains" is a land of picturesque picnic spots and was once a popular summer and weekend getaway for the British during the colonial days.
Morning visit to Botanical Garden in Ooty, Tea Factory & Lovedale Founded in 1812, the town was used by the British to escape from the heat of the plains below. Like with other hill stations –Ooty, Coonoor, Wellington – founded by the British, Lovedale still retains its colonial flavor in the form of old-world cottages, bungalows and Gothic Church.
Afternoon proceed to Coonoor, known for the production of Nilgiri tea, Coonoor is one of three misty Nilgiri hill stations. It sits approximately 1850m above sea level and is connected to Ooty and Mettupalayam by the joyful and ingenious Nilgiri Mountain Railway, inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage list. The surrounding region is beautifully carpeted in emerald tea plantations that are studded with tall trees and interspersed with waterfalls. Enjoy lunch and visit Sims park and Coonoor Tea plantations
Depart from Coonoor at 1600 hrs and proceed to Ooty at 17:30 hrs. You will be picked up from Ooty Railway station and will be transferred to the hotel.
OVERNIGHT IN OOTY
Day 6 OOTY--VYTHIRI IN WAYANAD (140 KMS)
Check out at 10'o clock and proceed to Vythiri in Wayanad. Enroute to Wayanad visit Needle Rock View point in Gudalur and later visit the Wayanad Wildlife sanctuary. In afternoon visit Pookot Lake and Chain Tree, check in at the Wildlife resort at 15 00 hours.
Wayanad, the green paradise is nestled among the mountains of the Western Ghats, forming the border world of the greener part of Kerala. Clean and pristine, enchanting and hypnotizing, this land is filled with history and culture. Located at a distance of 80 km. from the sea shores of Kozhikode, this verdant hill station is full of tea & coffee plantations, forests and wildlife.
Regarding geographical location, Wayanad district stands on the southern top of the Deccan plateau and its chief glory is the majestic Western Ghats with lofty ridges and rugged terrain interspersed with dense forest, tangled jungles and deep valleys.
OVERNIGHT IN WAYANAD
Day 7 WAYANAD
After enjoying your breakfast, this day will be at leisure. You may relax at the hotel or can choose amongst inhouse resort activities such as nature walk with naturalist, trek to nearby hillocks, etc. In the evening there will be cooking demonstration etc would be an amazing experience for you.
OVERNIGHT IN WAYANAD
Day 8 WAYANAD-KOCHI
Check out at 09 00 clock and depart to Kochi by car, on the way to Kochi visit Lakkidi view point. Arrive Kochi in the evening and relax at the hotel. Kochi (formerly known as Cochin) is a cosmopolitan city in Kerala. Nowhere else in India could you find such an intriguing mix: giant fishing nets from China, a 400-year-old synagogue, ancient mosques, Portuguese houses and the crumbling remains of the British Raj. It’s a delightful place to spend some time and nap in some of India’s finest homestays and heritage accommodation.
OVERNIGHT IN KOCHI
Day 9 KOCHI SIGHTSEEING
Unlock Kochi’s history by embarking on a guided tour that will take you into the heart of this magnificent city. Here you will visit the gigantic Chinese fishing nets, “cheenavalas”, dating from 1350 and still in use today.
You will also visit the wonderful St. Francis’ Church, considered to be India’s oldest church, built by Portuguese Franciscan Friars in 1503. Vasco Da Gama was buried here before being taken to Lisbon. Relax in the shade as you drive to the Jewish Synagogue, built over 400 years ago and discover the impressive architecture and beautiful murals of Dutch Palace.
Kochi is also a centre for Keralan arts and one of the best places to see Kathakali. After 5:00 o'clock in the evening, you will also experience Kathakali Show.
OVERNIGHT IN KOCHI
Day 10 KOCHI –ALLEPPEY HOUSEBOAT
Your journey continues by crossing the captivating backwaters by air conditioned houseboat. After breakfast, depart for Alleppey. Set out in style on an enchanting one night cruise. While lounging in these floating villas, you will feel like invaders of the backwaters, with the vibrant sights of Kerala skimming by. Look out for the huge Chinese fishing nets, paddy fields, and locals making coir products, rustic buildings, ancient temples and dense coconut trees. Three meals will be served on board.
OVERNIGHT ON THE HOUSEBOAT
Day 11 ALLEPPEY-KOVALAM-POOVAR
After breakfast, check out from the houseboat and drive to Kovalam. Kovalam is often tipped as the ‘paradise’ of South India, with its coconut trees and sweeping beaches, reflecting the meaning of its name –a grove of coconut trees. There is a rocky promontory that has formed a fantastic bay of pristine water perfect for a dip. The beaches are divided by rocks, creating its famous crescent shape.
From Kovalam you will be going to Poovar that lies very close to Vizhinjam, a natural harbour. The Poovar Island here is a popular tourist destination and enroute to Poovar you will be visiting the Hawa Beach.
OVERNIGHT IN POOVAR
Day 12 EXPLORE POOVAR
Spend a full day at leisure sunbathing on the golden sands of Poovar Beach. The estuary shimmers in spades of wow factor where the river, sea and lake meet the land.
A complimentary hour long boat can be organised at Poovar Lake, where you can find golden sandy beaches meeting the estuaries and mangroves.
OVERNIGHT IN POOVAR
Day 13 POOVAR
Breakfast is at the hotel with the rest of the day at leisure. End your holiday on this wonderful paradise by treating yourself to an Ayurvedic Massage, where the body is revived and the soul replenished. Included is a full body session at the hotel or a nearby spa. Please book your slot with the Ayurveda Center at the resort at the time of check in.
OVERNIGHT IN POOVAR
Day 14 POOVAR– TRIVANDRUM AIRPORT – UK
After breakfast, check out from the hotel. A beautiful souvenir is the perfect way to end such a magical holiday. Take home a silk sari or handmade version, its motif conveying Kerala’s everlasting memories.
END OF TOUR
- You will need to arrange a Visa prior to travel - Please ask your consultant for details of the application process.
- Our endeavor will always be to confirm the hotels listed in the package chosen, however in rarest of cases where we are not able to confirm certain hotel(s), like for like alternatives will be provided.
- We recommend that you buy a travel Insurance as any costs incurred due to mishaps, strikes, political unrest etc. are not included and will be passenger’s responsibility.
- The package is non-refundable for any inclusion items not used/taken.
- Any early check in before 09:30 Hours Bangalore Hotel will charge extra amount directly from the guest as per the hotel policy.
- On Day 2, departure time from Bangalore to Mysore is at 10: 30 hrs.
- Train timings in Ooty is subject to change and will be informed to the traveler 48 hours prior to the journey.
- Jewish Synagogue & Dutch Palace in Kochi will be closed on Fridays and Saturdays (Day 9).
- Activities such as Nature Walk, trekking inside the forests and night walk is included at Wayanad Wild Jungle resort and travellers interested in these activities are advised to carry trekking shoes.
- Standard check in time at Bangalore hotel is 14:00 Hours. Early check in is subject to availability. For Guaranteed early check in before 12 00 Noon, travelers have to book the Bangalore hotel from the previous night.
- We would like to inform you that as per the legal law in Ooty, all hotel and resort owners have to compulsorily collect the identity proof of all international tourists staying in their hotel or resort. They are required to take copies of identity card, passport, visa along with the photo of tourists.Therefore, we request all international tourists staying in the hotels and resorts in Ooty to kindly co-operate with the hotel staff and provide them these documentary proofs along with your photo. This is not to harass you but to comply with the strict policy rules issued by the government.
- Any additional meals not mentioned in the package
- Room service charges, Telephone calls, laundry charges, tips of personal nature
- And anything not specifically mentioned in the package inclusions section
- Meals will generally be buffet meals unless otherwise stated to you on the confirmation.
- Accommodation will be on twin sharing Basis unless otherwise stated
- Free Room Upgrades depending on availability