Spend a rip-roaring 10 nights revelling in the sights and delights of the state of Gujarat and the city of Mumbai! From national parks to Gandhi's former hangouts, this Indian getaway will see you discover the mesmerizing mosques of Ahmedabad, delve deep into the ancient Elephanta Caves of Mumbai and commemorate Gandhi's 150th birth anniversary in style by visiting his former residence!
Your tour kicks off in Gujarat, India's westernmost state and chockful of sacred spaces which are redolent of the ancient Indus Valley Civilisation. You'll soon find out that Gujarat is a land both rich in history and brimming with beauty...
Within the state's boulder-speckled landscapes and shaping its idyllic coastline, you'll find a range of colourful cities and plenty of vibrant village life. Its largest city is Ahmedabad (the first stop on your tour), a lively metropolis with the Sabarmati River cutting through its middle.
The urban epicentre of Gujarat, Ahmedabad is home to the Calico Museum of Textiles, the Jumma Masjid Mosque and the famous Sabarmati Ashram – Mahatma Gandhi's base from 1917-1930. Take serendipitous strolls around mosques and museums and breathe in the history at Gandhi's local hangouts.
Stopping off next in Patan, an ancient fortified city, you'll come face to face with the Temples of the Jains and the Modhera Sun Temple – two beautiful architectural specimens. Patan was founded in 745 AD and sits on the banks of the Saraswati River.
After a brief stopover in Patan, the city of Rajkot awaits. Wander the halls of the Lang Library, bursting with interesting Gujarati literature, and feast your eyes upon the Naulakha Palace, dating back to the 18th century. Echoes of British colonial rule can be heard within Rajkot's Watson Museum, while Kaba Gandhi No Delo (the house where Gandhi spent some of his childhood) offers visitors a window into the infancy of this extraordinary activist.
Next, stop off at the wonderful Gir National Park – home to roaring lions, skulking leopards and many other beautiful species – before heading off to Rajkot to board your flight to Mumbai.
Mumbai is the capital of the Maharashtra state. Brimming with bulbous skyscrapers ringed by the ocean, Mumbai is a financial and cultural centre and the heart of the Bollwood film industry. As you can expect, the city never sleeps!
Marvel at the iconic Gateway of India stone arch built in 1924, wander the beachfront promenade of Marine Drive and explore the famous Elephanta Caves dedicated to the Hindu god Shiva.
An eye-opening excursion to Gir National Park, cozy accommodation options and plenty of historical visits to please history buffs!
- Return flights from UK
- A spectacular 2 nights’ stay in Ahmedabad in Superior Room with breakfast
- A wonderful 1 night’s stay in Patan in Deluxe Room with breakfast
- An enjoyable 2 nights spent in Dasada in a Deluxe cottage
- A 1 night’s accommodation in Rajkot in Wintergreen Room with breakfast
- A lovely 2 nights’ stay in Sasangir in a Luxury Tent
- Transfer from Sasangir to Rajkot
- Flight from Rajkot to Mumbai
- A splendid 2 nights spent in Mumbai in Superior Room with breakfast
- Enjoy full board basis in Dasada & Sasangir
- Meeting and assistance on arrival / departure
- Transfer from airport to hotel and vice-versa
- Keep cool in air-conditioned transport
- English-speaking local guide at Ahmedabad, Patan and Mumbai as per the itinerary
- Entrance at places of visit (subject to change)
- Excursions to:
- Jumma Masjid, one of India’s largest mosques (Ahmedabad)
- The Shaking Minarets of the Rajpur Bibi and Sidi Bashir Mosques (Ahmedabad)
- The mosque and tomb of Rani Sipri, a beautiful memorial from the 16th century (Ahmedabad)
- The Shreyas Folk Museum of Arts & Handicraft, a tribute to Gujarati women (Ahmedabad)
- Sabarmati Ashram, set up by Gandhi in 1915 (Ahmedabad)
- Cottage of Hirday Kunj where Gandhi used to live (Ahmedabad)
- Queen’s Step Well (Rani Ki Vav), a wonderful sculpture of the Solanki era (Patan)
- Temples of the Jains (Patan)
- Modhera Sun Temple, dedicated to the Hindu god Surya (Patan)
- Jeep tour of Wild Ass Sanctuary, measuring 4953 square km (Dasada)
- Vadiara and Kharapat Rabaris (Dasada)
- The Naulakha Palace, erected around 1748AD (Rajkot)
- Mohabbat Maqbara, a mausoleum with unique architecture (Rajkot)
- Gir National Park, full of exotic wildlife
- Somnath Temple, dedicated to Shiva and built by Soma
- Boat ride of Elephanta Caves, 1200 years old (Mumbai)
- Gateway of India, Mumbai’s most iconic landmark
- Jain Temple and Mani Bhavan where Gandhi stayed during his visits to Mumbai
- Crawford Market and Flora Fountain in the heart of Mumbai
Rub shoulders with exotic flora and fauna and sightsee in wonderful Mumbai and Ahmedabad!
- Venture off on jam-packed excursions to the mosques and temples of glistening Ahmedabad
- Visit some of the sites where Gandhi used to frequent and live in Ahmedabad
- Explore the Wild Ass Sanctuary of Patan, a wildlife sanctuary spread over nearly 5000 kilometres squared
- Get up close to exotic wildlife at Gir National Park, a habitat for roaring lions
- Delve deep into the Elephanta Caves, a UNESCO World Heritage Site some 1000 years old
- Discover Mumbai with a myriad of interesting and eye-opening excursions to landmarks and temples
Lemon Tree Hotel, Ahmedabad is located in the commercial area of CG Road, Navrangpura. It’s a short distance away from Hazira LNG, Adani House, Suzlon Energy, HDFC Bank, Reliance Capital, Bank of Baroda and other important landmarks of the city.
The hotel with its 99 bright rooms and suites, offers you a wide array of accommodation options. Room categories include Standard Room; Superior Room; Deluxe Room and Executive Room. Rooms are decorated with cheerful colours. They offer a desk, flat-screen television, tea and coffee-making facilities and en-suite bathroom.
The trendy Citrus Café serves a multi-cuisine spread consisting of delectable local favourites and international staples. Guests can avail of room service 24 hours per day.
Grand Raveta is a modern Sem-Deluxe hotel in Tourism Hub in Patan- Gujarat.
At the hotel, all rooms come with a desk and a TV. The private bathroom is equipped with free toiletries. All rooms at The Grand Raveta feature air conditioning and a wardrobe.
Boasting a 24-hour front desk, this property also provides guests with a restaurant. Both free WiFi and private parking are accessible on site.
The accommodation offers a buffet or vegetarian breakfast.
Royal Safari Camp is designed and developed to provide you a specail retreat; a calm, composed, peaceful and relaxing atmosphere clubbed with the excitement of exploring Wilderness in the nearby vicinity of Wild Ass Sanctuary in the Little Rann of Kutch, yet not compromising on rich and ethnic lifestyle. Spread over in around 18 acres of land, Royal Safari Camp is constructed by the skilful local artisans, built using red stones, which gives it an ancient and heritage look.
Each of 18 beautifully landscaped cottages at the Royal Safari Camp exhibits the magnificent craftsmanship while offering you other amenities, including air conditioners and luxurious bathrooms, essential to make your stay comfortable.
Royal Safari Camp also houses a Multi-Cuisine restaurant, offering mouth-watering, delicious, authentic recipes from the region to continental cuisines. In addition to this, you can have fun playing Billiard, Tennis, Swimming and not forget to mention Fishing in an artificially constructed lake within the camp.
The best hotel in Rajkot, The Fern Residency, Rajkot caters to your needs. Hotel delivers exceptional service and an array of luxury amenities with unparalleled environment responsibility. Inspired by Gujarat’s vibrant business & cultural fabric, The Fern Residency, Rajkot is a modern hotel where luxury and comfort go hand-in-hand with superior service.
69 guest rooms and suites offer the winning combination of comfort and indulgence while contributing to the environment. Modern air-conditioned rooms are equipped with a flat-screen TV, a desk, a sofa seating area and a wardrobe.
Equipped with spacious banquet/meeting facilities, the hotel also offers a club lounge and a fitness centre for guests to enjoy a workout. A 24-hour front desk can assist guests with laundry/ironing serves and 24-hour room service.
Consistently ranked as one of Rajkot`s most popular dining destinations, The Fern Residency, Rajkot offers five dining options serving international, Indian, Jain and Gujarati classic cuisines. The Fern also houses 3 more dining options – a coffee lounge, a bakery and a buffet restaurant.
Find yourselves surrounded by the nature as the Gir Lion Safari Camp is right in the middle of a Mango orchard facing the Hiren River.
Gir is one of the most adventurous locations in India giving you one of a kind jungle experience. To reflect the same essence of the nature, Gir Lion Safari Camp have equipped and boutique cottages and rooms that will fit in just right with your interests. Modern amenities, an open porch, secure and airy cottages are some of the elements you will find in our property. Premium furnishing and bespoke hospitality makes the Gir Lion Safari Camp one of the best hotels in Gujarat.
If you are looking for fine dining restaurants in Gir with an array of regional, local and multi-cuisine, Gir Lion Safari Camp has an enticing one with especially curated menu with multi-cuisine options as well as some refined local dishes.
Fariyas Hotel is a luxurious Four Star business hotel in South Mumbai, located 26 kms from Mumbai Airport. At Fariyas you are within a 5-minute walk from Gateway of India and Prince of Wales Museum and within 15 minutes of Rajabai Tower and St. Thomas Cathedral. It is among the most prominent hotels of Mumbai situated very close to Causeway.
Offering modern décor and floor-to-ceiling windows, rooms at Fariyas have plenty of natural light. Each room is fitted with a safety deposit box and flat-screen TV with cable channels.
Guests can work out at the fitness centre or enjoy relaxing body treatments at the spa. The hotel provides car rental and currency exchange services, while staff at the tour desk can assist with travel arrangements.
Tamarind restaurant serves a fine selection of grilled international dishes. Other dining choices include refreshing beverages at Tavern -The Signature Bar and Tamarind PoolSide, which specialises in grilled meats. There is a coffee shop on premise as well.
Day 1 ARRIVE IN AHMEDABAD
Welcome to Ahmedabad! Upon arrival at the airport, you’ll be greeted by one of our trusted representatives and taken to your hotel for check-in.
OVERNIGHT IN AHMEDABAD
Day 2 AHMEDABAD SIGHTSEEING
After a hearty breakfast you’ll venture into Ahmedabad to do some sightseeing. Some of the wonderful sights you’ll see are as follows:
- The Jumma Masjid with its pillared porticos and 15 cupolas resting on 250 columns and grandiose arches.
- The Shaking Minarets of the Rajpur Bibir and Sidi Bashir Mosques. You’ll find that when one minaret vibrates, it makes the other one shake but without disturbing the dome itself too much.
- The mosque and tomb of Rani Sipri. Built in the early 16th century by one of the wives of Madmud Begara, this beautiful memorial boasts a small mosque with slender minarets.
- The Shreyas Folk Museum of Arts & Handicraft. This is a tribute to the spirit of Guajarati women. Here you’ll find different art forms from various communities such as the Kathi, Rabari, Ahir, Mer, Charan, Bharvad, Kanbi, Koli, Bhansali, Rajput, Brahmin, Vania, Meghaval, Khoja Bohra, Meman, Miana and several others. There are also plenty of colourful works of embroidery, wood carving, metal, beads, utensils, leather, costumes, paintings and household objects too. (Closed on Mondays and public holidays.)
OPTIONAL:- Special lunch at Hotel House of MG
Afterwards you’ll head to Sabarmati Ashram, set up by Mahatma Gandhi in 1915 and situated on the banks of the Sabarmati River. Here you’ll also find a cottage named Hirday Kunj, a national museum which used to be Gandhi’s former residence before it was converted. Books and pictures relating to Gandhi are on display here.
OVERNIGHT IN AHMEDABAD
Day 3 DRIVE FROM AHMEDABAD TO PATAN (150 KMS / 03 HRS)
After a delicious breakfast, you’ll venture to Patan from Ahmedabad, visiting Adalat en route and later reaching Patan where you’ll check in to your hotel.
OVERNIGHT IN PATAN
Day 4 DRIVE FROM PATAN TO DASADA (85 KMS / 02 HRS)
After breakfast you’ll visit the wonderful Patan Jain temples. There are over one hundred of them and the largest is dedicated to Panchasara Parasvanath, boasting a white marble image of Vanaraja. Close by, you’ll find the Hemchandracharya Jain Gyan Mandir, containing valuable Jain manuscripts – a fraction of which were written in golden ink. You’ll need prior permission from the custodian in order to access these manuscripts which are stored in safes.
Next, venture to the Queen’s Step Well or Rani Ki Vav, filled with stunning sculptures from the Solanki era. The vav was constructed by Queen Udayamati (AD1022-63) in Khajuraho style. Stretching 90 feet wide, the walls of the vav are adorned with images of various gods and goddesses. These walls have survived the test of time, especially since the vav lay buried for a long while.
After reveling in the sights and delights of Patan, you’ll make your way to Dasada, visiting the Modhera Sun Temple en route. Famous for its architectural prowess, the Sun Temple was built in 1026 by King Bhimdev of the Solanki Dynasty. Afterwards, you’ll continue your drive to Dasada where you’ll check in to your new hotel.
OVERNIGHT IN DASADA
Day 5 DASADA
Following breakfast, you’ll visit the Wild Ass Sanctuary by jeep. This sanctuary covers 4953 square kilometres and is home to the only remaining population of the chestnut-coloured Indian wild ass, known as “khur”. Within the sanctuary you can also find bluebulls, blackbuck and chunkara. These animals live off the flat, grass-covered plains.
Later on, you’ll visit a local village, as well as a tribal heritage area that specializes in local craft. You’ll also venture to the pastoral Vadiara and Kharapat Rabaris of Dasada.
OVERNIGHT IN DASADA
Day 6 DRIVE FROM DASADA TO RAJKOT (185 KMS / 04 HRS)
Today you’ll have breakfast and then leave Dasada, bound for Rajkot. Upon arrival, check in to your hotel.
OVERNIGHT IN RAJKOT
Day 7 DRIVE FROM RAJKOT TO SASANGIR (155 KMS / 04 HRS)
Following a delicious breakfast, you’ll leave Rajkot and make your way to Sasangir, visiting Gondal and Junagadh en route.
Erected around 1748AD, the Naulakha Palace boasts a façade of stone carving with splendid sculpture, relief, carved columns and ornate Jarokha balconies. The former living quarters of the palace have been converted into a private museum full of textiles, brassware, wardrobes, a library and silver caskets which carried gifts and messages for Maharaja Bhagwat Sinhji when the occasion (such as his golden jubilee) called for it. You’ll also find the weighing scales used to measure him, the trophies won by the Gondal princes at motorsport events and plenty of toys, including thousands of wooden pieces hand-painted with natural colours.
Afterwards, you’ll visit Mohabbat Maqbara, also known as the Mausoleum of Bahaduddnbhai Hasainbhai. Brimming with unique architecture, this mausoleum is one of Junagarh’s most important attractions. After visiting Gondal and Junagadh, you’ll proceed to Sasangir where you’ll check in to your next hotel.
OVERNIGHT IN SASANGIR
Day 8 SASANGIR
Today you’ll enjoy a morning & afternoon jeep safari tour in Sasangir National Park!
Gir National Park covers a whopping 1,424 square kilometres. Home to dry deciduous forest and a wonderfully colourful eco-system of flora and fauna, Gir is the only place in the world where the lion can be seen in its natural habitat (apart from Africa). Within the park, you can find thirty species of mammals, twenty species of reptiles, as well as several species of insect and bird. Among these are sambar, deer, chital spotted deer, nilgai antelope, chowsingha four-horned antelope, chinkara gazelle, wild boar, langur monkey, jackal, and hyena.
In terms of birds, keep your eyes peeled for the Paradise Flycatcher, Bonneli’s Eagle, Crested Serpent Eagle and the flamingo – Adholia, Valadera, Ratanghuna and Pilipat are great places to see these! Aside from birds, you might also catch sight of a hawk eagle, brown fish owl, king vulture, jungle quail, pygmy woodpecker and the hard headed oriole.
OVERNIGHT IN SASANGIR
Day 9 DRIVE FROM SASANGIR TO RAJKOT AIRPORT (154 KMS / 03 HRS)
Morning after breakfast leave Sasangir by surface to Rajkot to board flight to Mumbai
Rajkot / Mumbai AI 656 1740 / 1845 hrs
Meeting & assistance on arrival and transfer to hotel.
OVERNIGHT IN MUMBAI
Day 10 MUMBAI
This morning after breakfast excursion to Elephanta caves & Afternoon sightseeing of Mumbai
ELEPHANTA CAVES: An early morning excursion across the Mumbai harbour to 1200-year old Elephanta Caves housing some of the most beautiful rock-cuts of the period. The famous Trimurti sculpture of three-faced Shiva depicting his three aspects as Creator, Preserver and Destroyer is powerfully portrayed in the massive sculpture. Elephanta has been included in World Heritage Sites by UNESCO.
Closed on Mondays and not available during the Monsoon.
Visit Gateway of India, Mumbai's principle landmark. This arch of yellow basalt was erected on the waterfront in 1924 to commemorate King George V's visit to this colony in 1911. Drive past the Afghan Church. Secretariat of Maharashtra Government and along the Marine Drive which is fondly known as the 'Queen's Necklace'. Visit Jain temple and o Mani Bhavan where Mahatma Gandhi stayed during his visits to Mumbai. Drive past Haji Ali Mosque, a shrine in honour of a Muslim Saint on an island 500 m. out at sea and is linked by a causeway to the mainland. Stop at the 'Dhobi Ghat' where Mumbai's 'dirties' are scrubbed, bashed, dyed and hung out to dry. Watch the local train passing close by on which the city commuters 'hang out like laundry' - a nice photography stop. Continue to the colourful Crawford market and to the Flora fountain in the large bustling square, in the heart of the city.
OVERNIGHT IN MUMBAI
Day 11 LEAVE MUMBAI
Today you’ll be transferred to Mumbai Airport ready to board your departure flight home – we hope you’ve enjoyed your stay!
END OF TOUR
- Our endeavor will always be to confirm the hotels listed in the package chosen, however in rarest of cases where we are not able to confirm certain hotel(s), like for like alternatives will be provided.
- We recommend that you buy a travel Insurance as any costs incurred due to mishaps, strikes, political unrest etc. are not included and will be passenger’s responsibility.
- Accommodation will be on twin sharing basis unless otherwise stated.
- The package is non-refundable for any inclusion items not used/taken.
- Anything not included in the package will be charged separately.
- Tips, bar, laundry, telephone calls and other personal expenses not specified above.
- Early Check in / Late Check out.