A delightful journey through "God's own Country". Covering Kochi city, Munnar tea plantations, a houseboat stay and a relaxing beach break! Book your once-in-a-lifetime trip today! Total from only 1199pp
"Every journey is in itself a pilgrimage. Because wherever you go, you see what God created."
– An ancient Chinese proverb.
When you find yourself in the backwaters of Kerala, in southern India, you'll be astounded at how appropriate that saying is with the scenery before you. It’s not without reason that Kerala is known as‘God’s own country’. A paradise, nestled between the Western Ghats and the overwhelmingly beautiful Arabian Sea and Indian Ocean, Kerala has a little bit of everything that India has to offer.
"Right from the pristine beaches full of colourful and rich culture to delectable cuisines for you to savour, this is one holiday you must make to not just experience but rejuvenate yourself." – Lonely Planet, India 2011.
And when you can do all of this for as little as only £1199 per person, that's almost half what it usually costs, you surely need no reason to pack your bags and find yourself on the ultimate holiday.
Amazing itinerary with included tours
- We take care of travel with Return International Flights from the UK
- Two-Night Stay in Kochi with the opportunity to explore Kerala’s dynamic city
- Two-Night Stay in Munnar with a Tour of the Tea and Spice Plantation (w/ tea tasting)
- In Munnar enjoy a fabulous Free Upgrade to a Valley View Room
- Two-Night Stay in Thekkady, the gateway into the Periyar Sanctuary
- Your visit includes the unforgettable opportunity to See Wildlife on a Bamboo Raft or Motor boat
- Discover the Dances of the Kathakali and Martial Arts of the Kalaripayattu in Munnar
- Set out in Agatha Christie style on an air-conditioned Houseboat for One-Night
- Be Wined and Dined On Board with All Three Meals and One Free Bottle of Wine
- Three-Night Stay in Poovar and one full body Ayurvedic Massage
- Enjoy a boat ride through the Periyar Lake
- Visit Fort Kochi Beach,Chinese fishing nets , Mattancherry Palace and Jewish Synagoge
- Visit Cardamom Plantations and experience Cardamom Processing at the Plantation Bungalow
- Keep your mind, body and soul healthy with an hour trekking
- Sightseeing & Transfers by a Private Air Conditioned Sedan Car
- For certain excursions, the services of an English speaking local guide will be available
- English Speaking Chauffeur throughout the trip and during selected excursions
- Applicable entrances and camera charges for monuments and sightseeing places
- Breakfast and Dinner included with each hotel stay
- Quench your thirst with a one mineral water bottle per person each day
Upgrade last 3 nights to 5 Star Marari Beach Resort in a Garden Villa from £249 per person (National award winner- For being the best Eco-friendly hotel) with inclusions as below:
- Yoga Class every morning
- Meditation every evening
- Complimentary Bicycles to ride
- Village walk with a Guide
- Interactive Cooking Class with the Chef
Extend your stay with an optional 5 nights extension to Private India Golden Triangle Tour at an additional £499 per person with additional inclusions as below:
- Breakfast included
- The unique opportunity to see the magnificent sites of Jaipur, Agra and Delhi
- Enjoy fantastic drama and atmosphere at the amazing Light and Sound Show
- Visit to impossibly beautiful Taj Mahal
- Awaken the senses with a rickshaw ride through Chandni Chowk, evoking “Old Delhi”
- Applicable entrance fees for each monument
- Meet & Greet services on arrival/departure at airport/hotel.
- Transportation by private air-conditioned vehicle with an English-speaking driver
Traverse green tea plantations, in this remarkable tour
- Stay in some of India's most opulent hotels filled with treasures
- Unlock Kochi’s history by embarking on our sightseeing tour
- Get hands on culinary experience in a TV chef’s kitchen
- Delight in a sumptuous lunch with a local Keralan family
- Wonderful scenic drive to the beautiful hill station of Munnar
- Visit a tea plantation to learn about the history of the “cuppa”
- Relish the ambience of the Kathakali & martial arts in Thekkady
- Set out in Agatha Christie style on a house boat from Alleppey
- Experience swaying coconut palms, endless golden sands, the ultramarine of the ocean, emerald backwaters, crimson sunsets and lush green vegetation in Poovar.
- Swing lazily in your hammock in the gentle sea breeze on the beach
The Casino Hotel is not just one of Cochin's landmarks, it's also a fine introduction to the charms of the city, and indeed, of Kerala. Here, you can get an authentic taste of Kerala's colourful life, diverse cultures and eclectic cuisine. The hotel is 6 km from Ernakulam and a 10 minute ferry ride to Fort Cochin and Mattancherry.
The Casino Hotel features regular rooms, spaciously appointed suites and a separate non-smoking wing on the ground floor. Air-conditioned guest rooms are fitted with a personal safe, a minibar and satellite television. Environmentally sensitive practices are the watchword here, as in all the CGH properties.
Many guests love whiling away a relaxed hour or two in the Casino Hotel's sunlit, spacious lounge. This is the heart of the hotel, and usually buzzes with gentle activity like read the local papers (just for curiosity), do a crossword puzzle or just kick back, relax and watch the world go by.
Tharavadu serves Indian, Chinese and continental buffet dishes all day. Seafood specialities can be enjoyed at Fort Cochin restaurant. The Garden Cafe provides grilled food and healthy drinks, while alcoholic beverages can be found at the Vasco da Gama Bar.
The hotel also offers an outdoor pool and in-house Ayurvedic massage services. The Casino Hotel's gym is an expansive space, equipped with a selection of treadmills, weights, cycles, rowers and other equipment. At Casino Hotel you will have experiences that are not just enjoyable, but also environmentally aware and culturally rich.
Tea Harvester is a boutique property brilliantly designed in spacious and contemporary architecture, where vintage meets vogue. Ideal for both romantics and jetsetters who like a bit of elegance and opulence. Perched on the hillside in comfort and style, about 1800 feet above sea level, amid three acres of verdant tea trees, cardamom plantation and pepper wine, lays cradled an exemplar of fine living.
All the rooms are approximately 450 square feets, including Balconies in Front offering a 180 degree view of Tea plantations &180 degree view of Cardamom plantation from the balcony behind the room. Spacious Bathrooms, large windows, harmonious colours and long verandas are some of our features designed to reminisce the planter’s charm.
The property offers a guided morning walk, a short trek through tea, cardamom, pepper and coffee plantations. Guests can also enjoy mountain biking through the winding roads of the plantation and cooking demonstration of traditional Keralite cuisine. Tea Trees is a multi-cuisine restaurant while Grillers serve barbeque delights. Tea House serves exquisite blends of tea.
Tea Harvester offers a personal experience of Tea harvesting, the beauty of the plantations authentic to Munnar, and the personal assistance and luxury of a boutique hotel.
Pepper County is an idyllic home spread over an area of 7 acres in Kumily. The homestay is set amidst spice plantations and paddy fields.
It is a nice place to spend a peaceful, relaxing holiday in the quaint setting. The homestay offers basic but comfortable accommodation. Pepper County is indeed a paradise for nature lovers and honeymooners who come in search of tranquility.
Traditional Kerala cuisine is served at Pepper County. There are plenty of things to do while staying at the Pepper County such as nature walks, bamboo rafting, hiking, boating and trekking. Pepper County also organises daily visits to spice plantations besides jungle jeep safaris and elephant rides. Cultural performances like Kathakali and Kalaripayatu (martial art form of Kerala) are organised on request.
Spend your day on the traditional Houseboat also know as Kettuvallam.
The Kettuvallam or 'boat with knots' is called so because coir ropes tied in knots hold the entire structure of the boat together. During the entire assembling work of the boat, not a single nail is used. Natural and eco-friendly products like bamboo mat, arecanut trees and coir are used to construct the boats.
Kettuvallam comprise of a separate living room with dining table, a bedroom with bathroom and a sit out area at one corner of the boat.
Guests can enjoy a calm evening right in the middle of the backwaters and watch one of the best sunsets that there could be.
The property is a unique heritage resort cosseted by a coconut grove. Located on the banks of the river Poovar, at the juncture where the tranquil river embraces the roaring Arabian sea! The property is tucked away in the southwestern tip of India in the State of Kerala - the internationally renowned tourist destination (projected as one of the 50 best "must see destinations" in the world by the National Geographic Traveller Magazine)
Isola Di Cocco offers rooms, suites and condominiums, spread over 30 acres studded with palms and lush greenery. Privacy abounds at this upscale resort where you'll enjoy romantic seaside dining, lively open-air bar, attentive staff, large fresh water pool, great backwater rides and lots of relaxation. Laze around our coconut grove or relax in a hammock with books from our well-stocked library.
All rooms are garden facing, air conditioned and built to international standards
Day 1 KOCHI
Welcome to Kochi, the most fascinating city of Kerala. On arrival at Kochi International Airport, you will be met and transferred to the hotel. Enjoy the rest of the day at leisure.
Kochi is the magnificent entry to Kerala and has been featured in National Geographic Travellers “50 greatest places of a lifetime.” Spread over several islands and historically rich in culture with booming industries, the city is a fantastic beginning to exploring the vivacious diversity of Kerala.
OVERNIGHT IN KOCHI
Day 2 KOCHI
Unlock Kochi’s history by embarking on a morning sightseeing tour that will take you into the heart of this magnificent and beautiful city. The Dutch, British, French and Portuguese have all left their outstanding imprint with beautiful architecture. You will visit Fort Cochin, which has been a cherished sea port for centuries, Vasco Da Gama Square and Santa Cruz Basilica. Continue to St. Francis’ Church, considered to be India’s oldest European church, built by Portuguese Franciscan Friars. Vasco da Gama was buried here before being taken to Lisbon. Proceed to the VOC Gate, Dutch Palace, Jewish Synagogue and marvel at Mattancherry Palace’s murals depicting the Ramayana and Puranic legends.
Intriguingly, the only traces of China’s influence are the gigantic nets, ‘cheenavalas’ from 1350. According to Diplomat Ma Haun, “The fishermen are tourist-friendly and will happily let you join them.” And his observation still rings true today. You will learn about their very unusual fishing method, operated from the shore. In the afternoon, experience your very own pièce de résistance with a cooking class from a renowned local TV personality. At lunch, enjoy the flavours of Keralite cooking.
OVERNIGHT IN KOCHI
Day 3 KOCHI – MUNNAR
Check out after a hearty breakfast and drive to Munnar over rugged hills, rolling oceans of tubby green tea bushes, through luscious grasslands, before passing the Pallivasal tea estates. This will be your first glimpse of Munnar. On arrival, check-in at the hotel.
At a height of 1,500 metre, set amidst mountains once known as the High Range of Travancore, Munnar is a bustling hub of tea plantations. Prepare to be captivated by its dense carpet of tea, sprinkled with Acacias and Red Gum trees, and delighted by its freshly brewed cuppas.
OVERNIGHT IN MUNNAR
Day 4 MUNNAR
Continue with a full day sightseeing of Munnar, watching the mountain goats in the Rajmalai Wild Life Sanctuary. Then head to the the Kannan Devan Hills, the perfect getaway with panoramic views of the Munnar Tea Estates and the lake. After lunch you will proceed to Mattupetty, with the rare chance of seeing a herd of wild elephants on the way to Mattupetty Dam. Next up is the Tea Museum’s photographs and machinery during the revolution of the industry, which includes the original tea roller, the ‘Rotovane,’ and the ‘Pelton Wheel’. Today you will also experience the Kathakali & Martial Arts show.
OVERNIGHT IN MUNNAR
Day 5 MUNNAR-THEKKADY
Along the way you will also explore Thekkady. After breakfast, check out from the hotel and drive to the spice capital and check into your next hotel.
The afternoon is at your leisure. Feel free to walk through the spice market in the Kumily Village. Make sure you leave room in your suitcase for the finest cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and mace!
Later in the evening get ready for a captivating evening of culture. First up is the Kathakali, a mixture of art, music, dance and drama, with majestic costumes,elaborate makeup, and mythological stories.
Kalaripayattu is the oldest form of martial arts, with elaborate movements and the sounds of slashing swords.
OVERNIGHT IN THEKKADY
Day 6 EXPLORE THEKKADY
Post breakfast at the hotel, step out for a blissful day in the natural heaven for wildlife. Tourists rush from all over the country to experience the exotic wildlife at the Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary which is amidst dense forests and make way for thrilling mountain walks.
Experience boating in the lake where you can spot many more interesting species of animals as you admire the beauty called Thekkady.
Periyar is also home to more than 60 other mammal species including tigers, bison, deer, and wild dog etc. there are over 300 species of birds and butterflies. Prominent among the birds are Cormorants, Kingfishers, Darters, The great Malabar Hornbill, and the rocket-tailed Drongoes
You can also check out the spice market in the Kumily Village and pick fresh aromatic cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and mace from the market.
OVERNIGHT IN THEKKADY
Day 7 THEKKADY-ALLEPPEY
Your journey continues by crossing the captivating backwaters by traditional houseboat.
After breakfast, depart for Alleppey. Set out in style on an enchanting one night cruise. While lounging in these floating villas, you will feel like invaders of the backwaters, with the vibrant sights of Kerala skimming by. Look out for the huge Chinese fishing nets, paddy fields, and locals making coir products, rustic buildings, ancient temples and dense
coconut trees. Local fish plucked from the backwaters, grilled in spices and lemon will be served on board.
OVERNIGHT ON THE HOUSEBOAT
Day 8 ALLEPPEY-KOVALAM-POOVAR
After breakfast check out from the houseboat and drive to Poovar. Poovar is one among the natural wonders where the Lake, River, Sea and Beach meet the land. Poovar is unspoilt and unexplored, envoloped by the most serene backwaters, and opening out to the sea and a dream golden sand beach. It is basically a fishing village and the only way to reach Poovar is through water. Known for its pristine and virginal beauty, Poovar Beach is haunted by those who love solitude. It is truly a window into paradise.
On the way to Poovar you will visit two major beaches in Kovalam-- Hawa beach and Light house beach.
OVERNIGHT IN POOVAR
Day 9 POOVAR
Breakfast is at the hotel with the rest of the day at leisure. Relax and enjoy the passing landscapes, spotting the golden beach of Poovar Island, floating restaurants and then continue to the canals and backwaters.
OVERNIGHT IN POOVAR
Day 10 POOVAR
Breakfast is at the hotel with the rest of the day at leisure. End your holiday on this wonderful paradise by treating yourself to an Ayurvedic Massage where the body is revived and the soul replenished. Please book your slot.
OVERNIGHT IN POOVAR
Day 11 POOVAR-TRIVANDRUM AIRPORT
After breakfast, check out from the hotel. A beautiful souvenir is the perfect way to end such a magical holiday. Take home a silk sari or handmade version, its motif conveying Kerala’s everlasting memories.
BOARD YOUR RETURN FLIGHT HOME
- You will need to arrange a Visa prior to travel - Please ask your consultant for details of the application process.
- Our endeavor will always be to confirm the hotels listed in the package chosen, however in rarest of cases where we are not able to confirm certain hotel(s), like for like alternatives will be provided.
- We recommend that you buy a travel Insurance as any costs incurred due to mishaps, strikes, political unrest etc. are not included and will be passenger’s responsibility.
- The package is non-refundable for any inclusion items not used/taken
- In Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary you may be asked if you want to switch from Bamboo rafting to a Motor Boat option to explore the sanctuary as it is faster and can cover more area.
- Bamboo Rafting inside Periyar wildlife sanctuary is subject to availability.
- Jewish Synagogue & Dutch Palace will be closed on Fridays and Saturdays (Day 2).
- Rajamalai National Park is closed from 15th January till 1st April every year, so in that period on the way to Munnar we will give a complimentary visit to Thattekad Bird Sanctuary which is also know as Salim Ali bird sanctuary or travellers can visit Top Station in Munnar on Day 4.
Exclusions & Terms
- Any additional meals not mentioned in the package
- Room service charges, Telephone calls, laundry charges, tips of personal nature
- And anything not specifically mentioned in the package inclusions section
- Meals will generally be buffet meals unless otherwise stated to you on the confirmation.
- Accommodation will be on twin sharing Basis unless otherwise stated
- Free Room Upgrades depending on availability