We’re combining the delights of Bordeaux, France, for the sun-soaked Spanish cities of Bilbao and San Sebastian on this 6-night triple centre tour! These three titans of tourism offer cultural charm and unparalleled beauty.While away the hours sampling Bordeaux wine, sink your teeth into delicious San Sebastian tapas and satisfy your inner culture vulture in historic Bilbao...
Spend a phenomenal 6 nights wining and dining in the heart of Bordeaux, France, stopping off in San Sebastian and Bilbao in Spain afterwards. You’ll rest your head at cosy, hand-picked accommodation and enjoy an exciting “pintxos and wine” excursion to really take advantage of all the delicious cuisine and sumptuous wines of the regions!
Touching down in Bordeaux, you’ll find elegance and opulence lurking around every corner. Built on the muddy banks of the Garonne River and considered the worldwide wine industry capital, Bordeaux boasts a much sought-after concoction of cherry-red merlots, staggering architectural monuments and picture-perfect European plazas.
When visitors aren’t quaffing the velvety vinsof “Little Paris” (one of Bordeaux’s many nicknames) they might spend their days escaping to Les Quais where the shores of the Garonne make for wonderful ferry boat rides by day and tantalising club canoodling by night.
And once you’ve finished inhaling the town’s raw, windswept beauty, head for Rue Sainte Catherine and fritter away all your holiday money at one of Europe’s longest shopping streets, bursting with glitzy boutiques that mingle alongside bustling cafes.
After imbibing in one of the world’s oldest wine regions, you’ll head to the coastal city of San Sebastian within the Basque Autonomous Community. Lying adjacent to the Bay of Biscay and harbouring a handful of must-sees, San Sebastian offers one of the best in-city beaches in Europe.
Swimming and sunbathing aside, it’s not unusual for visitors to flock to San Sebastian with only one thing in mind: food. Expect golden-hued patatasbravas, crisp calamari rings and mouth-watering gazpacho galore. And when you’re painfully full to the brim, get ready to don your bathing suit or your walking shoes because this beautiful region is perfect for both beach-hopping and sightseeing.
Your last stop will be Bilbao, the largest city in the Basque Country and home to more than a dozen museums, including the Guggenheim Museum Bilbao and the Bilbao Fine Arts Museum. As one of the most creative cities in the world, the tree-fringed neighbourhoods and sun-dappled alleyways play host to all manner of historic eye-candy.
When you’re not exploring the time-frozen museum hallways, stroll through the seven streets of Casco Viejo or take a serendipitous wander through the gardens of Dona Casilda Iturrizar Park before visiting the impressive Vizcaya Bridge, a World Heritage Site located between Portugalete and Getxo. We’re certain Bilbao will provide the cherry on top of a fantastic trip.
Explore the best of good eating in Bordeaux & the Basque Country
- Flight from UK to Bordeaux
- A magical 2 nights’ stay at the Ibis Bordeaux Centre Bastide
- A fabulous 2 nights’ accommodation at the NH San Sebastian Donosti
- An exceptional 2 nights spent at the Occidental Bilbao Hotel
- A scenic train journey from Bordeaux to San Sebastian
- A coach journey from San Sebastian to Bilbao
- A sensational San Sebastian Food Tour, including a mouth-watering Pintxos and Wine excursion where you can savor the best miniature representations of Basque gastronomy, while discovering the most traditional and the most innovative bars in the city.
- Flight from Bilbao to UK
Bordeaux wines, San Sebastian tapas and Bilbao’s historical clout await
- Bordeaux wines, San Sebastian tapas and Bilbao’s historical clout await
- Lock lips with some of Bordeaux’s most exquisite wines
- Splash the holiday cash at the glitzy boutiques of Rue Sainte Catherine
- Enjoy San Sebastian’s bountiful coastline and glistening beaches
- Partake in a “pintxos and wine” excursion where you’ll sample some of San Sebastian’s succulent tapas dishes
- Discover some of Bilbao’s 12 jaw-dropping museums if you’re an avid history buff
- Stand in awe at the Vizcaya Bridge, a World Heritage Site which is stunning to behold
Located on the right bank of the River Garonne, 10 minutes by tram from the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Bordeaux city center, the 3-star ibis Bordeaux Centre Bastide hotel welcomes you for your business and tourist trips.
Decorated in a modern style with wooden floors, the rooms feature a flat-screen TV with satellite channels.
A buffet breakfast composed of sweet and savoury dishes such as eggs, fruit salad, yogurts and juices is served every day. Pastries baked on site and fresh French Madeleine cakes are also on offer, as well as a hot beverage and a piece of fruit to take away. Outside of regular breakfast hours guests can also enjoy a lighter option, available from 04:00. Guests can sip a drink at the hotel's lounge wine bar.
The NH San Sebastián Donosti hotel, formerly known as the Hesperia Donosti, is a great base for business travelers. It’s close to the city’s business and technology district, and has lots of major companies within walking distance. As for getting to the city center, it’s just a short drive away.
Rooms team modern furnishings with smart wood floors and earthy color schemes. Comfort is key – as well as being spacious, all rooms come with plush mattresses and a choice of pillows.
The hotel serves a daily buffet breakfast in the bright Donosti Café. Snacks, drinks, and a small selection of dishes are available during the day, including Basque-style pintxos.
The Occidental Bilbao**** is an urban hotel designed to provide maximum comfort. The hotel’s strategic location, just a few minutes from the historic centre, makes it the perfect base for visiting the main tourist attractions.
The 200 modern rooms have been designed to ensure that you have the most comfortable stay. Decorated in light colors, the spacious rooms include a flat-screen satellite TV, a desk and an electronic safe. They all have a tea and coffee maker; and the modern bathrooms also feature toiletries and a hairdryer.
For those seeking tranquillity, the hotel offers an exclusive Spa area.
A varied breakfast buffet is served daily at the Occidental Bilbao. The Kitchen, the hotel's restaurant, serves fresh local and Mediterranean cuisine. There is a café-bar and a lobby with a fireplace.
- We recommend that you buy a travel Insurance as any costs incurred due to mishaps, strikes, political unrest etc. are not included and will be passenger’s responsibility.
- Accommodation will be on twin sharing basis unless otherwise stated.
- The package is non-refundable for any inclusion items not used/taken.
- Anything not included in the package will be charged separately.
- Please note city local taxes apply, this cannot be prepaid.
- Tips, bar, laundry, telephone calls and other personal expenses not specified above.
- Early Check in / Late Check out.