Always dreamed of exploring two of Europe’s magical cities? You can now. Enjoy a five-night Baltic adventure w/ flights & one-night cruise.
Book your unforgettable twin-centre to Helsinki & Tallinn today! Total from £329pp
Have a twin-centre of the Baltic region, in the most unique way possible: by hotel stays and by sea.
You’ll start your break with two nights in Helsinki. Whilst some hotels can appear bare and a little soulless, others manage to reflect a true sense of history and a service of traditional values, the Hotel Katajanokka is one such retreat. Housed in a converted prison dating back to 1837 and summed up as “a hotel with a different set of rules”, the Katajanokka is more than a hotel. It’s a way of life. Rather than doing time, you’ll be free to enjoy an exclusive sense of luxury and striking surroundings that cleverly plays on its authoritarian past. And while the architecture still retains barred windows, the intact prison walls outside and the staircases dividing each wing might sound a little daunting, it’s all in jest and exudes an air of contemporary and distinctive luxury.
You’ll then take to the water and sail for one night to enchanting Tallinn on the elegant Baltic Queen Cruise ship, complete with sparkling wine breakfast and A Class Premium personal cabin. Praised by Lonely Planet as a city that has “charm by the bucketload”, Tallinn is laden with baroque palaces wearing orange coned domes, Hansel and Gretel houses, the best preserved Hanseatic town centre in the world and brooding battlements galore.
You’ll indulge in a generous dose of cosy atmosphere and modern accommodation at the Hotel Bern in the Old Town for two nights. The hotel provides a personal service and is the most helpful host to deliver you into the heart of Estonia’s beautiful capital.
Travel from UK and all inter-city arrangements
- We take care of travel with flight from the UK to Helsinki
- 2-Night Stay at the 4 Star Hotel Katajanokka with a Striking Hotel Theme
- Set out in style with One-Night on MS Baltic Queen / Silja Europa Cruise
- Special Breakfast Served On Board the ship's restaurant w/ tasty dishes and a chilled glass of Sparkling Wine / coffee, tea and hot chocolate served straight to your table
- Enjoy a new dimension of luxury with A Class Premium Outside Personal Cabin
- 2-Night Stay at the Hotel Bern in Tallinn
- Both Hotels include a delicious Daily Breakfast
- We take care of travel with flight from Tallinn to the UK
Experience the stark beauty of these Baltic twinset cities
- Enjoy a location in a charming neighbourhood just 10 minutes from central Helsinki
- Experience the unusual hotel theme – it’s not a struggle to be sentenced to stay here
- Dine on Scandinavian food at the hotel’s restaurants with the finest beers at the bar
- Swig down a cheeky glass of sparkling wine with breakfast on-board the Baltic Cruise
- Visit Helsinki's magnificent sea fortress and Tallinn's Old Town, both UNESCO-listed
- Stay the centre of Tallinn with a fabulous spot in the vicinity of its charming Old Town
Hotel Katajanokka is a privately owned lifestyle hotel, renovated with loving care into the historic premises of former Helsinki county prison. Inside the red brick walls you will find a magic world of contrasts – with serene comfort, stylish design and a hint of Nordic luxury. Housed in a converted prison from 1837, this atmospheric hotel is found on Katajanokka Island in central Helsinki.
The rooms at Hotel Katajanokka are carefully reconstructed from original cell blocks, with design and decor that makes no compromises on functionality and comfort. Purpose-built for privacy and peace, the metre-thick brick walls make the rooms very quiet, ensuring a good night’s sleep. Free wired internet access is available in all rooms of Hotel Katajanokka. Each room is decorated in warm colours and includes a writing desk, minibar and kettle.
Restaurant Linnankellari operates in the basement of an old county jail, and offers Finno-Scandinavian local and organic food prepared of the finest ingredients. Refurbished into the prison canteen in the basement of the building, Linnankellari is open from early ’til late. Naturally, goodies are available with a call for in-room enjoyment. In the heart of the kitchen is a charcoal grill. Guests at Hotel Katajanokka have sauna access on weekend mornings, and the modern gym is open 24 hours a day
You many use any of the below options to get from Helsinki-Vantaa Airport to the City Center
Taxis can always be found in front of the airport arrivals hall. The going rate between the airport and the centre of Helsinki is approximately 40 €.
Finnair City Bus and Airport Bus no 615 (no 620 during night time) operate to and from Helsinki City Center (central railway station).
Airport Bus: 5 €/one way ticket, transfer allowed to tram, bus, metro or commuter train during one hour
Finnair City Bus: 6.30 €/one way
Trams stop right next to Hotel Katajanokka, bringing guests to Helsinki’s city centre in less than 10 minutes.
Cruise ferry Baltic Queen is the newest ship in our fleet. There are 927 cabins, different restaurants, bars, shops, a children's playroom, an excellent sauna department and a modern conference center available for guests. Excellent entertainment, magnificient show bars and high class dining restaurants with uniquely designed bars offer an unforgettable experience on the sea.
Baltic Queen's three spacious and stylish showbars and the top entertainers ensure that everybody will have an enjoyable evening. Buffet offers a wide range of dishes for all tastes for breakfast and dinner. High-class and versatile à la carte restaurant with its fabulous wine selection is perfect for all true gourmets looking for an excellent dining experiences.
Onboard Baltic Queen shopping is made especially easy and enjoyable. Food, sweets and drinks are sold in Supermarket, cosmetics and perfumes in Cosmetic Boutique and clothes, fashion and souvenirs in Boutique. These shops form a seamless and stylish shopping street on deck 6 where you can find international fashion, tastes and scents.
Hotel Bern lies in the heart of a shopping area, in the vicinity of Tallinn Old Town, Town Hall Square and Pirita. The property opened in 2007 and features traditional architecture. An opera, a tower and museums lie a short distance from the hotel. The hotel lies within 10 minutes' walk of Estonian National Opera.
Hotel Bern offers contemporary rooms with a modern décor featuring satellite TV, LCD flat-screen TV, central heating, individual climate control and IDD telephone. The rooms also feature carpet floor and wooden furnishing.
Within walking distance of Tallinn City-Centre district with restaurants, a concert hall and bars. A buffet breakfast is served from 07:00 to 10:00 at the hotel lobby. A cozy on-site restaurant serves dishes of vegetarian cuisine. Alcoholic drinks are offered in the beach bar.
The on-site spa facilities include a spa center, a sauna and a Jacuzzi. Active guests can make use of bicycles and a gym offered on site.
- We recommend that you buy a travel Insurance as any costs incurred due to mishaps, strikes, political unrest etc. are not included and will be passenger’s responsibility.
- Accommodation will be on twin sharing basis unless otherwise stated
- The package is non-refundable for any inclusion items not used/taken
- Anything not included in the package will be chargeable
- The itinerary can also be booked in reverse
- Mandatory supplement will be applicable for Xmas and New Year's period
- Please note city local taxes apply, this cannot be prepaid.