Explore the two cities that have made Poland indestructible w/ train ride. Book your fantastic twin-centre today! Total from £259pp
Resilient, powerful and magnificently magical, if any country in Europe can boast hypnotic superpowers, its Poland. Lonely Planet has named the country amongst the 10 travel destinations for 2016! The portal stated, “while the rest of Europe descended into the doldrums, visitor numbers in Poland climbed”. Clearly 2016 is the year for putting the icing on the cake with our twin centre – or rather, the swirl of smietana in a bowl of beetroot soup!
We start in Warsaw – Poland’s biggest city. This fearless capital bursts with culture, energy and action like no other destination: from funky street fests, edgy art openings, and lots of highbrow, Chopin-inspired music festivals; from the non-stop club scene pulsating from the basements of apartment blocks to the bright lights of the theatres, where the thump of a jazz band may reach you across the snow, Warsaw has mustered up all its strength and crashed through the restricting iron bars after 40 years of Communist rule and, ever since the city’s been making up for lost time.
After a three-hour train ride from Warsaw, you arrive in Kraków. This beautiful city emerged from World War II virtually unscathed – it slumbered under communism until Poland won its freedom in 1989. Travel presenter Rick Steves says “Today this city is Poland’s leading tourist attraction…with plenty of top-notch sights.” From the delightful parks, churches, market squares and the sacred Wawel Hill and Cathedral, Kraków is not to be missed!
Expert advise from our team of expert consultants
- We take care of return flights from the UK to Poland
- 2 Nights stay at the 4 Star Hotel Polonia Palace in Warsaw
- Enjoy a scenic train ride from Warsaw to Kraków Train Station
- 2 Nights stay at the 4 Star Hilton Garden Inn Hotel in Kraków
- A stay in Poland includes bed and breakfast board basis
The twin Polish cities that everyone should visit, at least once
- Take in Warsaw from the top of the Palace of Culture & Science
- Listen to the accounts of WWII at the Warsaw Rising Museum
- Marvel at the immaculate architecture in the Old Town
- Discover the regal splendour of the glorious Royal Castle
- Slip onto the wild party side of Warsaw for a night of clubbing
- Admire Warsaw’s palaces at Lazienki Park and Wilanów Palace
- Chug along the vast plains of Poland on board a train to Kraków
- Whiz round stunning sights of the Old Town by horse cart or bike
- Head beneath Rynek Glówny to experience the Rynek Underground
- Shop at Europe’s largest medieval market for sensational gifts
- Behold the underground salt sculptures within the Wieliczka Salt Mine
- View Kraków from the lush heights of the Kosciuszko Mound
This 4-star award-winning hotel is located in the center of Warsaw just opposite the Palace of Culture and Science, Warsaw’s fair and convention center, the four-star Polonia Palace Hotel first opened its doors in 1913. Today, the Polonia Palace is a mix of tradition and modernity, beauty, comfort, excellence and genuine warmth.
After a two-year renovation period, the Polonia Palace became one of the favorite hotels for guests due to its central location in the heart of Warsaw and its countless amenities. All 206 guestrooms of the Polonia Palace are individually designed and decorated with quality fabrics, furnishings and fittings, feature a spectacular view of the city center or the back yard and offer all the essential comforts for leisure travelers.
The hotel’s Strauss Restaurant serves European and Polish cuisine. Guests can relax at the Bojangles Bar, which offers drinks, live piano music and televised sports.
Situated on a bend in the Vistula River across from the Wawel Castle, this Krakow hotel is the first Hilton Garden Inn in Poland. Hilton Garden Inn is the perfect base for exploring the Galician architecture, verdant city parks, baroque palaces and gothic churches of Poland's second largest city. Ideally located in central Krakow, the hotel is within walking distance from many cultural attractions such as the Kazimierz Jewish Quarter and the historic Old City, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
Guests can discover stylish and affordable accommodations every time at the Hilton Garden Inn Krakow hotel. All 154 rooms provide free WiFi and free wired Internet, LCD TVs with cable channels, and conveniences like refrigerators and coffee makers. Other amenities available to guests include room service, hair dryers, and safes. All the rooms provide perfect blend of comfort and support.
This welcoming hotel offers convenient connectivity to the highway, and many shopping, dining and entertainment options are within easy reach. Hilton Garden Inn features complimentary WI-Fi and a 24-hour Business Center, complimentary fitness center and a full-service restaurant on the property providing everything you need to make your stay successful.
- Transfers can be arranged on request
- Our endeavor will always be to confirm the hotels listed in the package chosen, however in rarest of cases where we are not able to confirm certain hotel(s), like for like alternatives will be provided.
- The itinerary can also be booked in reverse order
- We recommend that you buy a travel Insurance as any costs incurred due to mishaps, strikes, political unrest etc. are not included and will be passenger’s responsibility.
- Accommodation will be on twin sharing basis unless otherwise stated
- The package is non-refundable for any inclusion items not used/taken
- Please note city local taxes apply, this cannot be prepaid.