Spend 3 nights delving deep into historical Havana, a charming city with wonderful architecture spilling out from every street corner, and then soak up the sun in Varadero for 4 nights of absolute bliss!
Enjoy 3 nights of culture in historical Havana and later relax for 4 nights on the beautiful beach and sun-kissed shores of Varadero! This much sought-after blend of city-meets-beach is hard to come by, but we’ve managed to strike the perfect balance.
It's divine beaches, lively atmosphere and tumultuous history have turned Cuba into a hot spot destination for tourists in recent years. Littered with old 1950's automobiles and colonial buildings from yesteryear, the island offers a veritable glimpse into the past.
Located between the Caribbean Sea and the North Atlantic Ocean, the island of Cuba lies 90 miles south of Florida and boasts picturesque landscapes which will steal your heart immediately. The cosmopolitan capital city of Havana oozes history and an unbeatable nightlife scene, as well as a wide range of stunning architecture like that of the Havana Vieja District.
You’ll tour the city on the second day of your trip, meandering through cobbled streets brimming with brightly coloured buildings and rusty, retro automobiles. Stop off at the Plaza de Armas, spacious and elegant, and the Catedral de San Cristobal, a baroque yet asymmetrical construction guaranteed to have you reaching for your camera.
In true James Dean style take a drive alongside the Malecon, a lengthy promenade running adjacent to the Havana coastline and popular hangout for the locals on weekends because of its idyllic views of the Bay. If you fancy exercising those vocal cords or busting a move, there are plenty of cabaret shows around the Havana area too.
After spending 3 nights in the island’s capital, we’ll whisk you off to Varadero, a beach resort town on the Hicacos Peninsula. Its historical cities, dazzling beaches and mysterious caves are like catnip to tourists.
With star-studded hotels and plenty of sun, sea and sand to go around, Varadero is like heaven on earth to many visitors needing a break from the hustle and bustle of back home. Resting your head on an All-Inclusive Basis for 4 nights means there’s ample time for rest and relaxation (and lots of eating!).
While away the hours on the enormous stretch of beach slurping mojitos or try your hand at some water sports. The Parque Josone has botanical gardens, lakes, parrots and flamingos so if you tire of the sun-kissed shoreline and fancy a dose of nature, this is the place to be.
Alternatively, venture to the Delfinario and swim with bottle-nosed beauties or visit the Bellamar Caves, an impressive network of caves which are Cuba’s oldest tourist attraction. However you decide to spend your time in Varadero, we’re sure you’ll leave feeling well-rested (and possibly a little sunburnt!).
Top quality accommodation throughout your trip
- Return flights from UK to Havana
- Airport transfer upon arrival
- A glorious 3 nights’ stay in Havana with breakfast included
- Journey back in time with a Havana sightseeing tour along with an English-speaking guide in a classic American car
- Door step transfers from the hotel in Havana to Varadero hotel
- A wonderful 4 nights’ accommodation in Varadero on All Inclusive Board Basis
- Airport Transfer from Varadero hotel to the Havana airport
- Assistance from our representatives in both Havana and Varadero
Add an optional tour to Viñales from Havana at an additional £79 per person!
- An enjoyable day tour of the Viñales Valley with English-speaking guide and delicious lunch included
- A visit to cigar factory
- Take a tour of the Indian Caves and Prehistory Museum
- Pick up and drop off from the Havana hotel
Add an optional exclusive Viñales program at an additional £179 per person!
- Door to door comfortable bus transfers
- A fabulous 2 nights’ accommodation in Hotel La Ermita / Rancho/ Los Jazmines
- A hearty breakfast included
- A privately guided day-tour of Viñales (with English-speaking guide) including visits to San Vincent’s farm and a tobacco processing plant where you’ll witness the de-stemming process
- Visit the Palenque de Cimarrones with cocktail included
- Tour the Indian Cave via a short boat ride
- Chow down on a traditional Cuban farmer lunch at a cigar-growing house
Cuba is a land of mesmerizing scenery, colonial architecture and pristine beaches!
- 7 nights spent in centrally-located, luxury accommodation in both Havana and Varadero
- See Havana in style on in a classic American car
- Ride through the streets of Havana, checking out must-see sights along the way
- Maximum rest and relaxation on the iconic beach of Varadero
- Throw some shapes at a Cuban cabaret if you fancy a bit of a boogie
- Sample signature mojitos and cubalibres at some of the many lively bars
- Snorkel through teal waters and swim with dolphins
The Hotel Nacional de Cuba is considered a symbol of history, culture and Cuban identity. With its privileged location in the middle of Vedado, the center of Havana, it stands on a hill just a few meters from the sea, and offers a great view of the Havana Harbor; the seawall and the city.
The Hotel stands out due to its refined elegance and its ancient splendor, which since 1930 has attracted a large number of personalities from the arts, science and politcs.
The hotel's 426 rooms, 34 suites, and Presidential Suite are conveniently prepared and equipped for maximum comfort, while their location offers a magnificent view of the city.
The sloping garden with aerial Malecón views is perfect for enjoying a cappuccino, tuna sandwich, Cuban cigar or stiff cocktail. Dotted with palms and archetypical wicker furniture, it’s an oasis of tranquility. It is a popular meeting spot for local business people, visiting dignitaries and Cuban cultural icons.
Music and dance are equally represented at the Nacional where extravagant shows are hosted nightly at the Cabaret Parisien, second only to the Tropicana. Meanwhile, Salon 1930 is dedicated to Compay Segundo (of Buena Vista Social Club fame) and his successors perform here weekly.
The Blau Varadero Hotel is one of the best hotels on Varadero beach in Cuba. This is an adults-only hotel where you can enjoy an exceptional stay in a unique setting in Varadero. The 13 miles of white sand found on Varadero beach counts for just one of the many activities you can enjoy on your adults-only vacation. At the Blau Varadero Hotel, you will enjoy a fun and pleasant stay with other like-minded adults, along with our all-inclusive service, spa & wellness center, sea view rooms, waters sports and much more.
The rooms and suites at the Blau Varadero Hotel offer plenty of space, light and original décor through the use of warm colors to highlight the sensation of being in the Caribbean. The 395 well appointed rooms are vibrantly decorated and all feature a furnished terrace. Standard Rooms are spacious and vibrant. Superior Rooms Sea View feature upgraded amenities such as stocked mini-bar and furnished terrace with spectacular sea views.
Hotel offers 4 restaurants and 5 bars where you can try different specialties amongst an exquisite setting.
In addition to the tennis courts and numerous water sports, hotel also offer sauna, gym and Jacuzzi which is the perfect place for taking care of your wellbeing.
Day 1 WELCOME TO CUBA
Founded in 1519, Cuba has always been both strategically and commercially important, especially for ships transporting silver to Spain. Havana Vieja, also known as the Old City, has spent the past few years thriving with the construction of beautiful baroque churches, palaces and convents in a bid to restore its former glory. Classic American cars of yonder year ago, coupled with glittering cabaret shows and groovy Cuban music heard throughout the bustling streets make this city a charming and fulfilling destination.
You will get transfer from Havana International Airport to The Hotel Nacional de Cuba, where you'll spend three glorious nights with breakfast included.
OVERNIGHT IN HAVANA
Day 2 DISCOVER HAVANA
Today you may choose an optional early morning walking tour of colonial Havana. Feast your eyes upon the restored Plaza de Armas, the stately Plaza Vieja and the dazzling cathedral. The tour will last approximately 3 hours.
Later in the afternoon will see you swap the charm of colonial Havana for a classic car tour of the city's modern counterpart. First, drive alongside the Malecon, Havana's seaside promenade stretching more than 10 km. The drive alongside buildings worn by the sea breeze is a popular place for festive parades, car rallies and evening walks.
Next, stop off at the exclusive neighbourhood of Miramar, littered with private mansions, embassies and the Christopher Columbus Cemetery. You'll reach Revolution Square where the Cuban Revolutionary Forces, Communist Party Central Committee and other ministries dwell and then marvel at Jose Marti's marble statue.
Then, head back to the centre, past the university and the park adjacent to the Capitolio building. This tour will last approximately 2 hours and the rest of your day can be spent at leisure. Breakfast is included.
OVERNIGHT IN HAVANA
Day 3 AT LEISURE OR FULL-DAY TOUR OF VIÑALES
Today will be at leisure and or you may choose the optional full-day tour of Viñales and Pinar del Rio with a delicious lunch included. In this optional tour, you’ll visit a cigar factory, offering an insight into the production of world-famous Cuban cigars, and then head to the Viñales Valley, an enchanting town located in the Sierra de los Organos surrounded by a backdrop of mogotes.
Refuel at lunchtime and then head off to visit the Indian Cave and take a short boat ride past the stunning rock formations. The tour will last approximately 12 hours and you’ll return to Havana in the late afternoon.
OVERNIGHT IN HAVANA
Day 4 HAVANA-VARADERO
As the largest resort in the Caribbean, tourists flock to Varadero like bees to honey. Located on the 20 km Hicacos Peninsula, Varadero boasts a plethora of high-end hotels, lively stores and a whole heap of water sports and unbeatable poolside entertainment.
Perhaps its most renowned feature is its beach which stretches a whopping 20 km adjacent to turquoise waters. Today you’ll get to witness this fabulous Cuban resort in all its glory. After taking a transfer, you’ll settle in to the Blau Varadero Hotel for 4 nights on an All-Inclusive Basis. Breakfast and dinner are included today.
OVERNIGHT IN VARADERO
Day 5 VARADERO AT LEISURE
Varadero’s immaculate coastline and silky-soft sand could be your playground today. Feel free to spend time relaxing and sunbathing on the Playa as there is no set itinerary. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are included.
OVERNIGHT IN VARADERO
Day 6 VARADERO AT LEISURE
Today you could spend your time slurping mojitos or strolling through the botanical gardens of ParqueJosone for a dose of nature and wildlife. Alternatively, pay a visit to the Bellamar Caves, Cuba’s oldest tourist attraction – the choices are endless! Breakfast, lunch and dinner are included.
OVERNIGHT IN VARADERO
Day 7 VARADERO AT LEISURE
The penultimate day of your Cuban getaway could be spent swimming with dolphins, snorkelling in pastel-coloured coral reefs or tapping your foot to the beat of a Cuban cabaret. Varadero offers a wealth of activities for every kind of traveller, so whatever you decide to do, we’re sure you’ll have a splendid time. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are included.
OVERNIGHT IN VARADERO
Day 8 VARADERO-HAVANA-UK
Time to go home! You’ll be transferred from your accommodation to Havana International Airport ready to board your flight home OR why not extend your beach stay from £179 pp for 3 nights.
END OF TOUR
- We recommend that you buy a travel Insurance as any costs incurred due to mishaps, strikes, political unrest etc. are not included and will be passenger’s responsibility.
- Accommodation will be on twin sharing basis unless otherwise stated.
- The package is non-refundable for any inclusion items not used/taken.
- Anything not included in the package will be charged separately.
- Optional Colonial Havana walking tour on Day 2 can be arranged at an additional £35 per person or £60 including a three-course lunch at one of the trendiest privately managed restaurants in Old Havana.
- This tour lasts for 3 hours (without lunch) or 4 hours with lunch.
- Cuba is a fascinating country full of history, architecture and natural beauty. However you will find the tourist infrastructure in Cuba remains less developed then you will find in other Latin American countries. This can result in erratic standards of service, hotels are often outdated, road journeys that can take longer than anticipated. Dining and shopping options are limited so please take all essential items with you.
- Tips, bar, laundry, telephone calls and other personal expenses not specified above.
- Early Check in / Late Check out.